PDA

View Full Version : CTS-V with a LS2 and maggie

ThunderV
March 7th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I am just about to install a Magneson SuperCharger on the V. I am going to attempt to do the tune myself but I would like a good starting point for the base tune.

I have done some searches but I have had no success. Since I am a rookie at this I would like to start with a Base tune so that I am not too far off.

Any advice would be appreciated on this one and thanks in advance.

The Alchemist
March 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
not being rude here but i think you're very brave ....don't the Magnesons come with a flash tune device with a "base tune" or is that only for the LS1's. Personally I would go to a good tuner and get a good base tune done. If you ask nicely he may even let you watch and show you a few pointers during the tune to get you started. Tuning a supercharged engine as a "rookie" is a big ask mate.
Mike

ThunderV
March 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I am hoping a "good" tuner could do something a little better than a baseline.

I understand it is a big task and that is why I was hoping someone had a good baseline to start with. I was thinking about tuning it myself to get a little experience but to remap the ECM for the first time for a supercharger would be a bit much.

My plan was:
- Get a Baseline tune
- Adjust the map to try and optimize it for a run down the street
- Go to a professional and have it dyno tuned (Final tune I hope)

I appreciate your advice and I understand your concerns. If I decided to give up every time someone said this is a big task and you shouldn't do it I wouldn't be writing software for Semiconductor equipment.

I realize this is a completely different beast but I believe I can do it and I plan to. I was just hoping someone had a tune out there for a LS2 that I could use to start with. If I had the Magneson tune I wouldn't be asking for a baseline here.

If I blow the motor up then it will be time for a stroked LS2. I believe with the plan above the risk is low so this is why I plan to proceed.

The Alchemist
March 10th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I am hoping a "good" tuner could do something a little better than a baseline.

I understand it is a big task and that is why I was hoping someone had a good baseline to start with. I was thinking about tuning it myself to get a little experience but to remap the ECM for the first time for a supercharger would be a bit much.

My plan was:
- Get a Baseline tune
- Adjust the map to try and optimize it for a run down the street
- Go to a professional and have it dyno tuned (Final tune I hope)

I appreciate your advice and I understand your concerns. If I decided to give up every time someone said this is a big task and you shouldn't do it I wouldn't be writing software for Semiconductor equipment.

I realize this is a completely different beast but I believe I can do it and I plan to. I was just hoping someone had a tune out there for a LS2 that I could use to start with. If I had the Magneson tune I wouldn't be asking for a baseline here.

If I blow the motor up then it will be time for a stroked LS2. I believe with the plan above the risk is low so this is why I plan to proceed.

Good attitude mate ! :grin:
what ECU is it??? E38? E40?

Mike

ThunderV
March 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM
E67.

Cheers,
Rob

drdarthinvader
March 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM
all i can say dude is spend a couple of months reading tutorials and forum questions before any modifications (knowledge is power)

ThunderV
March 16th, 2009, 04:28 AM
I have been reading the tutorials and I have been experimenting with the NA setup.

Thank you for the advice but looks like I will need to look elsewhere for a baseline.

hquick
March 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Are you going to stick with the base op system...or go to a COS3 or COS5?
Don't know much about tuning the later model vehicles....but for me the COS3 is quite easy to 'play' with.
Do you have a WBO2 installed? You'll need one.

5.7ute
March 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I have been reading the tutorials and I have been experimenting with the NA setup.

Thank you for the advice but looks like I will need to look elsewhere for a baseline.

One thing you need to remember is this is a forum about the Efilive software & not a tuning forum as such. However there is quite a bit of information in regards to tuning methods available here if you know what to search for.
You could try PM Oztrack or waitforme & see what they can do in relation to a base tune for your combo. They both make a living doing this sort of thing. I have used Steves (Oztrack) service for a baseline tune before & it was pretty near on the money. I have also heard good things about Jesse's tunes. (waitforme) :cheers:

ThunderV
March 17th, 2009, 04:12 AM
That makes sense. I was searching the site and there were some baseline tunes available but not what I was looking for. I was throwing a feeler out there to see if anyone had one available. No problem if they don't but I do appreciate the advice.

Awesome software and I really look forward to tuning the V with it. I will get it done one way or another but I was just looking for a little assistance.

I had a Haltech computer in a '90 Firebird and that was fun to tune but I can see this software is far superior and I can use the stock PCM. :thumbsup:

Again, Thanks everyone for your help.

ichpen
May 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Bumping this post as it appears I'm in the same boat and looking for a stock maggie tune to get me going for a few days before I do some serious tuning. Anyone have the Maggie tune in EFI format for the E67 LS2 (CTS-V)?

Appreciated.