PDA

View Full Version : Two step help please

9secVette
March 8th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hi,
I have been thinking of trying the two step feature on an 02 vette with custom OS installed already (os - 03) I have searched here and threw the tutorials in the help drop down and have not found what pin is used on the PCM. Does it need be grounded to activate?
Also is there anyone out there who has successfully used this feature in a racing scenario as a two step limiter that can comment on how harsh it is to sit on it for the short periods of time at the track. I have a 4l60 trans with the trans brake and would like to set my step at say 2k and relay it to shut off when the trans brake button is lifted.

thanks in advance:rockon:

9secVette
March 17th, 2009, 08:11 AM
OK, found in the description section how to do it, has anyone used this successfully for a while now?

johnv
March 17th, 2009, 02:46 PM
just be aware it's a fuel cut not a spark cut, so could cause a lean fuel condition, not the best paticularly with forced induction.

9secVette
March 18th, 2009, 07:29 AM
just be aware it's a fuel cut not a spark cut, so could cause a lean fuel condition, not the best paticularly with forced induction.

Thanks,
I was thinking of just getting it working, then change the rev limiter to spark instead of fuel. Opinions?

johnv
March 18th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks,
I was thinking of just getting it working, then change the rev limiter to spark instead of fuel. Opinions?

Can that be done ?

9secVette
March 19th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Can that be done ?

I was going to go into the rev limit type section and switch it there. I assumed that would do it? Either way though, I only planned on sitting on the two step for a second +- for pro tree index racing, I didn't think without load, it would be long enough to cause any damage. I guess I'll report back.

Also one other question, in the description section, it says J2 pin 56. Is J2 the blue or red plug? Also, it does not say whether or not it needs to be grounded or 12v?

Thanks !! :cheers:

Lextech
March 19th, 2009, 05:10 AM
C2 is the Red connector. You need to give pin 56 a ground to activate the limiter.

Jeff

9secVette
March 19th, 2009, 07:34 AM
C2 is the Red connector. You need to give pin 56 a ground to activate the limiter.

Jeff

Thank you sir! :cheers:

I'll try it for a while and post up the results when I have had a multitude of passes with it.

johnv
March 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM
be interested in your results, are you boosted or NA ?
Log your AFRs and knock retard ,let us know whats happening.

9secVette
March 20th, 2009, 06:16 AM
be interested in your results, are you boosted or NA ?
Log your AFRs and knock retard ,let us know whats happening.

Boosted, and I will be logging. I'll keep you posted, thanks for the help guys. :)

9secVette
May 5th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Update;

I got everything working with the factory/EFI live two step and brought it to the track. What I found was that I actually got slower 60' times then just foot braking!

It seemed that the two step rev limiter held it back upon luanch pretty badly. I ended up going with a Lingenfelter two step and it works great, my 60' times dropped almost a tenth over foot braking and I'm a happy guy. :grin:

Highlander
July 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Really???

That is interesting... I was thinking about installing this on my vette.