PDA

View Full Version : How to add my PIDS to BBL?

DrkPhx
March 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Hi,
I did search and couldn't find a specific procedure how to select PIDS instead of using the generic file. I understand you have to edit the options file, but how do you; a) access and open the options file, b) edit the actual file and add pids and, c) upload back into the BBL.

BTW - I have two separate vehicle with completely different PCM's I log.

mr.prick
March 8th, 2009, 07:55 AM
You need to change the option.txt in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config

See the pid_descriptions.txt for your PCM in
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\Pid Descriptions
for how the PID should be displayed.

Example:
GM.VOLTS = PCM, VOLTS
GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA = PCM, DYNCYLAIR_M

Dozerboy
March 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
With the current up dates do we need to use the parent-PID to log a sub-pid still. This is about 1/2 way down in the AL6-PID.txt file FYI.
IE I want to log TCCEN

TSTATE01 [1] Transmission State 01
DNCMPLT Downshift complete (No,Yes)
DN32SIP 3-2 Downshift In Progress (No,Yes)
TCCEN Torque Converter Clutch Enable Status (Off,On)

Is this what I need to put in the option.txt and is it formatted correctly? (With the TCCEN tabbed over) Is this only going to take 1 ch. log? What about it I add more sub pids still only 1 or one for each sub pid?

TCM, TSTATE01
TCCEN

Thanks

bballer182
March 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Currently ONLY the parent pid needs to be defined in the options.txt at a later date you will be able to pick out a sub pid without the other sub pids and parent pid...

mr.prick
March 9th, 2009, 02:09 PM
calc.pids can also be added after wards, as long as the "parent pids" are logged.

joecar
March 9th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Those "child" pids each are single bits in the "parent" pid, so by logging the parent pid you get all 8 children for the price of 1 pid.

mr.prick
March 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Well put,
"Octo-Dad" :hihi:

joecar
March 9th, 2009, 05:33 PM
lol... :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: <-- it would let me put only 6 faces.

DrkPhx
March 15th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Works great. Thanks everyone for the help!:rockon: