PDA

View Full Version : A little new around here...bear with me....

six-gun-todd
March 10th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I just got my EFI live tunes up and running on my truck and need a little tutorial on getting started with modifying the tunes to suit my needs....can someone post a link for that.....or at least point me in the right direction for some quality EFI knowledge. Thanks...

vortecfcar
March 10th, 2009, 04:58 AM
You might try a search on www.dieselplace.com for some answers.

You'll need to narrow your questions a bit. :)

Nick

six-gun-todd
March 10th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Well.....I have a couple tunes that came with my EFI live purchase and I'm staring at numbers and tables trying to compare my stock tune to the hot street tune I've got. I've looked through the history some to see what changes were made to my stock tune but I'm still bewildered where I can start fine tuning it.....like tuning in some more boost....changing vain position...etc.

LBZoom
March 13th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Hey man,

You can adjust vane positions in tables B2210-B2215, make sure you also adjust the desired boost tables to allow for the increase as well B2204-B2209. On my truck I have the EGR disabled so that allows me to not have quite so many boost tables to adjust each time. When adjusting pulse width B0720 and torque based fuel B1102, make sure you log data on your scantool to monitor fuel rail pressure, this will tell you if you're commanding too much pulse or fuel and draining the rails too soon, in which case you'll need to up the Fuel Pressure. Unless you've got a modified tranny though don't get too carried away. Injection timing makes a good difference in power and will clear up a lot of smoke for you, table B0909 is the primary table used, B0908 is only used when there is no pilot injection active which I've yet to see on my own truck. Also, you can disable the post injection cycles to help economy, and lower EGT's. Post injections are strictly for emissions only. If you want further adjustments or feel that the adjustments you've made aren't being applied entirely than it's time to look at tables like coolant multipliers, and intake air temp multipliers, as well as torque and fuel limiting tables that refernce speed and/or RPM's. I'm still fairly new to this but these are the points that I've learned on my own as well as through the help of many members on here. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM ne or post on here, we're all in this together! :cheers: