PDA

View Full Version : Scan tool playback SLOW

Haans249
March 10th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I installed the newest version of EFILive Scan and Tune (not 8.X). Ever since, the playback in the scan tool is REALLY slow, like its not smooth like it used to be. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? Its already set for "Real-time" playback, and stream-fast. I only have 21 PID's selected, but its still playing back like I have too many PID's selected. I also haven't installed the drivers for the Flashscan as I have not plugged it into my comp yet, if that makes any difference.

Help!
Adrian

mr.prick
March 10th, 2009, 08:00 AM
21 PID's or 21 Channel's,
big difference.

Haans249
March 10th, 2009, 06:51 PM
21 PID's, 24 channels, or 25 PID's and 24 channels. No more than 24 channels.

joecar
March 11th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I contacted Tech Support.

Blacky
March 12th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Select menu: Edit->Properties.
Select the tab page [Playback] (yes this is for recording too)

Display Update Frequency should be 1 for smoothest playback, but requires the most CPU power. Setting it to higher values requires less CPU power but result in a more jerky display.

If you check Automatic, then EFILive will automatically adjust the update frequency to suit you CPU capabilities.

While logging or playing back you can check the frames/second using Ctrl+Y to toggle the "profiler" window on/off.

Regards
Paul

Haans249
March 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Oooooh, thanks! I didn't even notice that one! Thanks a lot, you guys really have awesome customer support....hats off to you guys.

Thanks!
Adrian

mistermike
March 13th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I try not to run too many maps at one time. The seem to be pretty processor intensive.

Haans249
March 13th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I try not to run too many maps at one time. The seem to be pretty processor intensive.

Thanks for the heads up. It shouldn't be a problem with me though, I've got a multi-core processor in my laptop and have never had a problem with all the maps filled! :)