PDA

View Full Version : Another problem with DSP 5...HELP!!!

LBZoom
March 12th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Hey guys,
Okay now that I got the switch wired into my buddie's truck and fixed my issue with the loose ground pin I have another problem...The switch is working and the scan tool shows that it's switching tunes, the problem is that it's not actually switching them...all the tunes feel the same and like they're less than stock. I dunno what's going on. I feel like I've tried everything....when I just flash one tune to the truck it works fine, but when I try to load it with the DSP files it just totally reverses it. I've been doing full reflashes and everything, I've posted some logs, one showing that the switch voltage is in fact changing, one on the stock position, and one on what is supposed to be the race tune, as well as the stock tune and the DSP Upgrade w/ Tunes

LBZoom
March 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Here's the info guys

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Check your tune file, in each DSP1-4 file there is a voltage table in the Parameters section.

Make sure the voltage is set to 4v in DSP1, 3v in DSP2, 2v in DSP3, and 1v in DSP4.

Tony

Big D
March 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Your pin must not be in the correct hole. The signal should be in pin 69.

LBZoom
March 12th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I already did that, I also tried it by setting the voltage to exactly what the scan tool was showing it to be and had the same result...

LBZoom
March 12th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Your pin must not be in the correct hole. The signal should be in pin 69

Possibly, but if it's in fact detecting the switch than is the signal wire still in the wrong position?

Big D
March 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
His tune looks alright, voltages and dsp files are ok except for timing in #4.

What are you trying to achive? Curious with the retarded timing?

Check your tune file, in each DSP1-4 file there is a voltage table in the Parameters section.

Make sure the voltage is set to 4v in DSP1, 3v in DSP2, 2v in DSP3, and 1v in DSP4.

Tony

Big D
March 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM
The grounding pin is the issue. I missed the part that the scan picks up the v differences

Your pin must not be in the correct hole. The signal should be in pin 69

Possibly, but if it's in fact detecting the switch than is the signal wire still in the wrong position?

jimter
March 12th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Your dsp appears to be working. by looking at you "McKinsey DSP 3 Log" you can see your main fuel flow rate never got above 32.5 mm3 witch in your tune 3 A3105 is only slightly above stock levels in this area of the fuel map.
a easy way to check this is to open the your current tune in the tune tool and play back your log file while looking at the A3105 map and watch where the highlighted cell moves to as the log file plays back. the highlighted cell is the value being used at that point in the log playback.

Edit: It would also help you to log fuel rail pressure to make this a little more easy to see.

Hope this helps:grin:

GMPX
March 12th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I already did that, I also tried it by setting the voltage to exactly what the scan tool was showing it to be and had the same result...
Don't do that, the switch voltages need to be between the actual voltages from the switch.
In other words it works like this (literally) -
Assume the calibrations for the switch voltages are set like so -
Tune #4 = 1.0V
Tune #3 = 2.0V
Tune #2 = 3.0V
Tune #1 = 4.0V
Stock = Above 4.0V (you can't really edit this one).

So, the ECM reads the switch voltage and does this -
Is the switch voltage below 1.0V?
If yes then use Tune #4, if not then...
Is the switch voltage below 2.0V but above 1.0V?
If yes then use Tune #3, and so on.

So for it to use Tune #4 the switch voltage in position 4 must be below 1.0V. If the switch voltage was 0.8V at position #4 then this works, if you set the switch voltage to exactly 0.8V then it will probably randomly toggle between Tune #4 and Tune #3.

Cheers,
Ross

LBZoom
March 13th, 2009, 05:29 AM
His tune looks alright, voltages and dsp files are ok except for timing in #4.

What are you trying to achive? Curious with the retarded timing?

Basically I'm experimenting with making a tune purely for smoke

LBZoom
March 13th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Your dsp appears to be working. by looking at you "McKinsey DSP 3 Log" you can see your main fuel flow rate never got above 32.5 mm3 witch in your tune 3 A3105 is only slightly above stock levels in this area of the fuel map.
a easy way to check this is to open the your current tune in the tune tool and play back your log file while looking at the A3105 map and watch where the highlighted cell moves to as the log file plays back. the highlighted cell is the value being used at that point in the log playback.

Edit: It would also help you to log fuel rail pressure to make this a little more easy to see.

Hope this helps:grin:

Okay man, I'll check into some of this thanks for the help. The only reason I never really modified those tables previously is bacause in the original race tune I made for him basically I never modified these tables just pulse and timing and it ran awesome....so I didn't mess with them on the DSP files either. Like I say all the tunes feel identical.

LBZoom
March 13th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Okay, here's another copy of McKinsey's DSP 3 Log, I changed the rail pressure PID back to the metric setting, missed that earlier. I see where it appears as stated earlier that I'm not getting much over 30 mm3 of fuel...is it from lack of pressure? Shouldn't it at least be getting the same fuel delivery at full throttle that I normally would be stock?

jimter
March 13th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Something appears to be limiting fuel.
I may be missing a limiting table somewhere but every thing looks ok.
The only thing i really see is your MAF and boost seems higher than what the ECM is expecting but I'm not sure if that can limit fuel without setting a DTC first. Maybe Ross shed some light on this situation.:confused:

LBZoom
March 20th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Is it possible to have someone send me a complete set of DSP 5 tune files that they know works properly so that I could script it over to his OS# and see if it works correctly, that would also allow me to see the difference that is limiting my tune when I run the script?

LBZoom
March 20th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Also something I thought of just out of curiosity, could it be an issue with memory in the ECM?

LBZoom
March 21st, 2009, 02:48 AM
Anybody?