PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H2

caver
September 20th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Had a busy day today
Mapped a Hummer H2.
Could'nt dyno it but it was pig rich leaned it out changed torque reduction and shifted rd speed up to 200km/h.
Dont want to travel that fast in it myself but the cussy might be brave :)

Redline Motorsports
September 20th, 2005, 01:17 PM
We spent 3 hours on the dyno trying to dyno a H2 that we did a head/cam setup. Couldn't get the truck to not shut down during the pull from most likely traction control issues. Anyone got any insight on this??

Any mods to the H2?

Howard

caver
September 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I went into all the torque limiting and traction control settings and modified them.

Car revved up fine but I had huge vibration issues and it spat the dustcover from the front prop off so I did it on the road.

GMPX
September 20th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Shut down, you mean close the throttle?.

Probably hitting the speed limiter.
Check -
H0108
H0111

mabye even
B5401.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
September 23rd, 2005, 11:58 AM
We took the front drive shaft out and thought we shut down all of the TM and traction control as well as moving the speed limiters. Nothing we did allowed it to pull to redline.

Ross, that is exactly what it feels like. Throttle shut down. I noticed while logging that the timing was not reduced when the power backed off.

Howard

dfe1
September 24th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Check the predicted air flow table (C6101). If you exceed the entries in that table, the vehicle wll go into reduced engine power and the throttle won't respond to pedal movement until you clear the codes.

Redline Motorsports
September 25th, 2005, 12:59 PM
This only happens on the dyno! Not during normal driving. If that table was an issue I would think it would happen under both conditions.

It is definately a "traction control" related matter. I just need to make it go away! Any other ideas??

How is Lingenfelter doing it??

Howard

4wheelin
May 9th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I have a 4wd dyno and that is not an issue, I have had to remove the ABS fuse in some vehicles to totally disable trac control. Just tuned a H2 6.0L with Magna Charger without major issue.