PDA

View Full Version : rich AFR at WOT

odd boy
March 12th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hi,

When I attached LM1 WB to Commodore 08 yesterday and then I tested the car @ WOT, the car was too rich starts with 11.xxx and ends with 10.xxx. Then I tuned the car, I needed to command 14.8 - 13.8 in order to get what I need at the 3rd gear!!!! Is that normal!!!!

Even after tuning it, the car was rich in the 1st & 2nd gear (11.5 - 12), but when it shifts to 3rd it starts getting close to the command PE. Any idea??

Stealth97
March 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Someone had a problem with this recently in their truck and someone else posted to change the COT (Cat Over Temp?) tables. Take a look there and let us know!

odd boy
March 12th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I've already done it, but no difference. by the way, I am the one who intiated that one.

odd boy
March 13th, 2009, 06:33 AM
where r u

ringram
March 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Dude thats a shocking way to tune.
It might kind of work, but it sucks. <removed comment>

Do your VVE properly seeing as you have a wideband.
Then when its all done right it will fuel right.

jfpilla
March 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Oddboy.
If you are running an MAF tune it and the VE's. The MAF controls WOT PE. When it's right at WOT then PE commanded will match, closely, your measured AFR. The VE's in this case don't have to be perfect, just close.
If no MAF then do the VE's for commanded to match actual. However when the weather changes actual will also..
Joe

odd boy
March 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
It might kind of work, but it sucks. Its like feltching a dog if you are hungry.

Do your VVE properly seeing as you have a wideband.
Then when its all done right it will fuel right.

what is VVE? Is it the volumetric efficiency

Oddboy.
If you are running an MAF tune it and the VE's. The MAF controls WOT PE. When it's right at WOT then PE commanded will match, closely, your measured AFR. The VE's in this case don't have to be perfect, just close.
If no MAF then do the VE's for commanded to match actual. However when the weather changes actual will also..
Joe

I am running maf, what shall I do here

GAMEOVER
March 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Virtual Volumetric efficiency

There are a couple of tutorial's I think...

mr.prick
March 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM
what is VVE? Is it the volumetric efficiency

I am running maf, what shall I do here

VVE = Virtual VE

I think the suggestion about the Cat Over Temp tables was reference to
turning them off like when doing Auto VE.

:rotflmao:

It might kind of work, but it sucks. <removed comment>:rotflmao:
This comment is epic and should be used to describe using <removed name>.

Stealth97
March 14th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I remember way back when reading on the Supra board that people talked about AFR not being constant in each gear. I'm not sure if this is correct or common and if it can even be tuned around without having a separate fueling for each gear.

Since your highest load will be in third gear (you usually never rev all the way out in fourth), I wonder if people just tune for third gear so the motor is safe and you deal with 1st and 2nd? I'm not sure really and this post is a definite learning experience for me.

Following along hoping to learn...:gossip: :secret:

joecar
March 14th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Ah... the comment was funny, but in poor taste (no pun), sorry guys, I had to edit it. :)

GAMEOVER
March 14th, 2009, 09:21 AM
It was funny though...:)

mr.prick
March 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Ah... the comment was funny, but in poor taste (no pun), sorry guys, I had to edit it. :)

ahh hahahahah!
pun indeed.

joecar
March 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM
lol... maybe... :laugh: