PDA

View Full Version : Wierd things hapenning

wadesns
March 14th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Ok so I have been having some issues with my tune for some time now and SSpdmon has been generous with his knowledege and sent me an updated tune that I was hoping was going to correct my idle issues, although his updated tune heled my idle surge the vehicle will not idle down until my VSS is 1mph. If I change the B4311 and B4312 to a higher value then the vehicle will idle down at that value. i am not sure why or what to do to fix this.

Next issue. This is the one that really has me stumped. I am having an issue with my AFR going lean by one whole point. It is really wierd I can drive along keep a neer steady TPS value and my AFR will be 14.63 then with the addition of about 3% on of the throttle my AFR goes to 15.63. I have done Auto VE three times for these cells and it still remains the same. I am including a copy of my tune and a short log of this. My wideband is a NGK AFX so a custom pid is needed to watch the graph. The equation for it is ({EXT.AD2}*1.4)+9" Around frame 275 is where things start to level out then goes lean around frame 660 does the same ting for a longer periodAny help is appreciated:grin:

Thanks,
..RJ..

Also might add that I have done very little ve tuning above cruise speed so please ignore that part of the VE table

joecar
March 15th, 2009, 09:19 AM
RJ,

The calc pid you want is CALC.AFR_NGKF (which has the wrong name, it should have been named AFR_NGK1).

joecar
March 15th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Next issue. This is the one that really has me stumped. I am having an issue with my AFR going lean by one whole point. It is really wierd I can drive along keep a neer steady TPS value and my AFR will be 14.63 then with the addition of about 3% on of the throttle my AFR goes to 15.63. I have done Auto VE three times for these cells and it still remains the same. I am including a copy of my tune and a short log of this. My wideband is a NGK AFX so a custom pid is needed to watch the graph. The equation for it is ({EXT.AD2}*1.4)+9" Around frame 275 is where things start to level out then goes lean around frame 660 does the same ting for a longer periodAny help is appreciated:grin:
RJ,

When the AFR jumps to 15+ it seems to me that the reason may be the deep valley in B0101... see pics.

The motors volumetric fill does not physically have the behaviour, so you have to find out why that hole happened (filtering of transients...?)...

Smooth the holes over (just the bigger ones) and try again.

joecar
March 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Also, for AutoVE I would set:
- B3618 flat across to your richest PE AFR,
- B3605 last 3 columns to the same value as the richest tB3618.

joecar
March 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I assume you physically disconnect the MAF...?

wadesns
March 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
As for the AFR that is what sspdmon recommended to use then just use filters to eliminate data where transitions take place. Of course I really dont know what to filter or how to do it but none the less what he recommended and yes I physically disconnected the MAF. I will attepmt to change those cells and see what happens. Any ideas on the why it wont idle down? Also would like to know how you get your dashboard to show an average

Thanks,
..RJ..