PDA

View Full Version : How do I save a tune I made as a script file?

LBZoom
March 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Hey guys,
quick question, let's say I make a tune that I really like and want the ability to quickly put it on another guy's truck...how do I save the tune file as a script file so that I can easily access it later and run the script to put it on another truck?

GMPX
March 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM
You need to load up the stock tune, then as a comparison file load up the modified tune, then go to the Edit menu item and choose "Create Script".

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
March 20th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Little advice on this. Ross obviously is right. IF you load the script on another PC that doesn't have the cal_setup file setup like the one that the original script was made it, you could risk putting imperial/metric values in a metric/imperial table. Just double check to ensure the proper values are in the file. Hope this makes sense.

LBZoom
March 23rd, 2009, 05:14 AM
OKay thanks guys, that does make sense. Another question, when I look at tunes in the dieselplace library, some of them have no operating system number in the box up top, so basically anyone can download them and script them to any truck as long as it is the proper generation LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM....is there a way to remove the OS # and create a general tune that can be loaded for calibration comparisons and then scripted to any truck? Hope this makes sense lol :cheers: