PDA

View Full Version : Automotive style connectors (male+female pair)

joecar
September 20th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Automotive style connectors (multi-way, male+female pair, with seal in between)

Does anyone know where I can buy several of various types of these...?

(i.e. I don't want a quote for 100K units... LOL... :lol: ).

Thanks.
:wink:
Joe

TAQuickness
September 20th, 2005, 05:33 AM
i can't think of a vendor off the top of my head, but you might find them on ebay. Google might turn up a vendor as well

SS2win
September 20th, 2005, 06:33 AM
waytekwire.com

they have certain minumums but their prices are reasonable.

joecar
September 20th, 2005, 09:11 AM
SS2win, perfect, just what I was looking for, thanks.
Cheers,
Joe

joecar
September 20th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Okay, waytekwire.com has the inline multi-wire connectors that I want and they have good prices. 8) 8)

Now I also need a source for OEM sensor connectors
(...i.e. connectors to plug into the following devices: IACV, HO2S, MAP, MAF, CKP, CMP, VSS, injectors, coils...);
does anyone know where I can get these also...?

I searched the web but I got too many of the wrong hits (LOL)... :?

...When looking at the GM 3-Bar MAP sensor with the vacuum port facing you (front, ... (male) harness connector to match the "A" key-way on the GM map sensor)...

Thanks again, appreciate it,
Cheers
Joe
:wink:

SS2win
September 20th, 2005, 02:42 PM
If you find it, let us know. The factory manual I have lists the part description but when the same is ordered from waytek there are subtle differences...

joecar
September 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Okay, will do.

I'm trying to make a nice modular connection for my LC-1, so I want to research out the parts.

Cheers
Joe
8)

VortechC5
September 20th, 2005, 11:09 PM
I second the recomendation for Waytec Wire. That is where I get my stuff too.

Mark

waytekwire.com

they have certain minumums but their prices are reasonable.

PSWired
September 21st, 2005, 03:47 AM
I used Waytek and was very satisfied. For the stock connectors, check out delco's parts locater on their website. There are images of the connectors. Connector kits come with the connector, pins, weather seals, and all other hardware already assembled with a 12" wire pigtail and heat shrink crimp connectors. Once you have the ACDelco part number, go to www.partszoneonline.com and email them with the part number. They will send you the GM part number which you can then put in their online ordering form. This method worked out great for finding all of the connectors I needed to get my LQ9 installation done in my 95 pickup.

Brains
September 21st, 2005, 08:03 AM
Check out the automotive catalog PDF's on this site, and let me know if you find what you need. I can probably help you out.

www.tifco.com

joecar
September 22nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the links; give me a few days to get sorted out, I got too many concurrent projects and a family member in the hospital;

I'm appreciative of your help
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:clinking large beer bug:
Cheers
Joe

joecar
October 9th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I have connectors, heat shrink, wire and other fun stuff on order from Waytek.
:D

Ira
November 22nd, 2005, 03:01 AM
I think I still have a few of these:

http://www.camaroelectronics.com/Connector.jpg

Ira

joecar
November 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
I think I still have a few of these:

http://www.camaroelectronics.com/Connector.jpg

Ira
Ira,
Thanks, but I still have some of these left.
I already got some 4 and 6 way MetriPak/WeatherPak connectors (and wire and split tubing) from Waytek, so I should be go to go; I pulled my LC-1 out of my car and I cut up the cables and I'm in the process of crimping on the said connectors (so the cables can stay in car and LC-1 can be unplugged easily). It's taking longer than I expected because I got too many things going.

Cheers
Joe