PDA

View Full Version : Convertor apply percentage

rcr1978
March 18th, 2009, 04:23 AM
We need this pid for the six speeds from what I can see even in the new update there is not squat that gives you the convertors status all I saw was a pressure pid for the convertor that does not tell us anything on or off thats it and it barely does that. On the LMM when you get into the throttle it feels like it releases the convertor slightly and it can be seen on the slip speed like 50-160 rpm but there is no pids to tell us what is really going on? If it was slipping that much the damn thing should limp I noticed this on stock LMM's also. I have been asking for something like this for a long time does nobody else ever try to log their 6speeds :shock:.

jtaylor111
May 16th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Like to know too.

rcr1978
May 16th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I hope that I didn't come across ignorant to the EFI crew that was not my intention :cheers: But everytime I ask about this it puts the end to every thread I bring it up in. :confused:

jpowel29
May 16th, 2009, 09:25 AM
The min apply table is set a zero and the max apply tab is set at 65.62. I have values raised in my TCM tune and I can log this PID with EFI Live on my 6spd Allison. Is this what you are asking about or is it a different parameter?

Blacky
May 16th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I've searched for a PID that gives more info on the TCC but can't find one. The only TCC PIDs I know of so far are:

TCCPCSCP: TCC Pressure Control Solenoid Commanded Pressure.
TCCSLIP: TCC Slip Speed

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
May 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM
The min apply table is set a zero and the max apply tab is set at 65.62. I have values raised in my TCM tune and I can log this PID with EFI Live on my 6spd Allison. Is this what you are asking about or is it a different parameter?

What I'm looking for is apply percentage, maybe on the LBZ you can see it. On my LMM I cant, I get exactly what Paul just posted. I here of guys changing convertors alot lately and no proof to back up that it's actualy bad before changing them. Where they actualy bad who knows read all the convertor post's lately. I'm not going to guess and piss away $1500-2000 without proof, that's why I'm always boobin about some usefull convertor pids.

camcojb
May 18th, 2009, 02:59 AM
What I'm looking for is apply percentage, maybe on the LBZ you can see it. On my LMM I cant, I get exactly what Paul just posted. I here of guys changing convertors alot lately and no proof to back up that it's actualy bad before changing them. Where they actualy bad who knows read all the convertor post's lately. I'm not going to guess and piss away $1500-2000 without proof, that's why I'm always boobin about some usefull convertor pids.

I hear ya. I don't know that any of these converters with locking issues are bad, I would guess most aren't. They simply have too much slip at certain times at certain power levels, so the tcm will not command lockup to save the converter clutch. The tcm doesn't know we've built the trannies and added triple disc (or more) clutches and can handle the extra abuse. They set the tcm tuning up to protect the stock setup, and until EFI Live can find these tables so we can adjust them to command lockup under more slippage some converters simply won't work in that area.

My 1058 has had the issue since day 1, I just didn't know at the time that it was not normal as it locks perfect at anything less than 100% tp, or even at 100% tp as long as it's not a boost launch. So far nobody with a 1058 has had it lock in second on a boosted launch like it should (at least nobody has come forward to confirm). There are other converters that are hit or miss, some do and some don't lock second gear; I'd guess it depends on power level (higher power = more slip) or the actual condition of the converter itself. Still others like the 1054 don't ever seem to have the problem, even at very high power levels and weight. They simply do not slip as much.

Bottom line, I'm holding out that Ross and Co. can find these tables and make them accessible before dropping $1500-$2K for a converter swap. I spoke with Suncoast and they'll convert my 1058 to a 1054 for $650, but the truck would be down probably 3 weeks with shipping both ways, and it's my daily driver.

Jody

GMPX
May 18th, 2009, 10:18 AM
So you need more scanning PID's to log the slip or more tables to control it? Let me guess, both :)

camcojb
May 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
So you need more scanning PID's to log the slip or more tables to control it? Let me guess, both :)

we don't want much....................... :angel_innocent: I use or have used several different tuning systems with both aftermarket and oem ecu's, and you guys are by far the most responsive and easy to approach people out there.

Jody

GMPX
May 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I use or have used several different tuning systems with both aftermarket and oem ecu's, and you guys are by far the most responsive and easy to approach people out there.

JodyOh, sorry, let me fix that, go away, what would you know stupid end user.........is that better :sly:

So the answer was more PID's and more tables?

Cheers,
Ross

camcojb
May 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Oh, sorry, let me fix that, go away, what would you know stupid end user.........is that better :sly:

So the answer was more PID's and more tables?

Cheers,
Ross

it's tables with me, and you know which one................ :) Of course, the pids support whether the tables are working, so I dunno................ :doh2:

Jody

rcr1978
May 19th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Everything we wan't it all :hihi: Or whatever you guys manage to dig up thanks for listening to us though. :cheers:

fire0021
May 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM

if we had the tables that would be a huge start as we would preety much know if it was locking in 2nd with out any more pids. allthoe the other pids as mentioned would be nice :) Thanks for the hard work as others im in the same boat with this converter issue. Thanks Again

GMPX
May 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I'll see what we can come up with, though I am close to diving head first in to the 2009 Allison TCM so time is probably a little limited.

Jasondt2001
May 20th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I'll see what we can come up with, though I am close to diving head first in to the 2009 Allison TCM so time is probably a little limited.

Get your life jacket out :hihi: