PDA

View Full Version : what table controls start up decay speed? "how fast it decays out"

mvvette97
March 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I had some hot start idle problems but I messed with table B4303 and got it so it doesn't want to die on a hot start. Only problem I noticed is that it will now hang up near 1000 RPms for about 10 sec before it will decay out and drop to normal idle. Is there a table that can adjust how fast it will decay out on startup? I think if I can set that to decay out just a little sooner it will be perfect.

WeathermanShawn
March 19th, 2009, 01:05 PM
If you want to increase/decrease the amount of air on startup, that would be Table B4343 (Startup Friction Airflow Correction).

You can also control the amount of decay using Table B4344, and the decay delay is found in Table B4345.

mvvette97
March 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I could not find B4303 in my tune, but if you want to increase/decrease the amount of air on startup, that would be Table B4343 (Startup Friction Airflow Correction).

You can control the amount of decay using Table B4344, and the decay delay is found in Table B4345.

All self-explanatory. Should be an easy fix.

Good luck.

..WeathermanShawn..ok so if I want it to decay faster do I increase the numbers on the B4344? or am I backwards?

mvvette97
March 19th, 2009, 08:17 PM
here is my tune if ya want yo look at it.

WeathermanShawn
March 20th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Using Table B4344, if you want to decay the startup airflow faster, you increase the values accordingly. To decay it slower, smaller numbers.

Just looking at your tune, I take it you have a 2000 (M6)? My only suggestion might be to revert all of your startup airflow corrections back to stock, and only work with Table B4343 to alter your startup airflow decay. Just add one modifier (usually % increase/decrease) at a time.

I am not sure what the consequences of adding airflow values to 'park/neutral' are in a M6, but I see you did that for Table B4303. I believe in a M6, you want those values to be zero.

I just work with desired airflow B4307 and B4343. If I add 1g/s to desired airflow, I take out 1g/s in friction startup. Likewise, if I reduce desired airflow by 1 g/s, I add 1 g/s to friction air.

I would start over with those tables (stock) and work from there.