PDA

View Full Version : extreme problems

CWR
March 22nd, 2009, 05:41 AM
04 gmc, lq4 swap with an extremely big cam. will not start without pushing the throttle down. It is flooding out trying to idle also. I'm very new at programing for a cam. Need help asap, vehicle is a daily driver for my friend and we need it back on the road. I got a stock lq4 program to start with, I just cant figure out why it wont start. It starts and dies. I am also getting a P0101 after starting "sometimes" MAF performance.

mr.prick
March 22nd, 2009, 05:47 AM
Unplug the MAF and see if that helps.
Problems with the MAF can cause fuel dumping to the point which you describe,
even turning of some MAF MILS.
What changes have been made?
Post the .bin

CWR
March 22nd, 2009, 05:53 AM
I tryed unpluging the maf. did not help though. I haven't changed anything yet. Just need to know where to start.

Lextech
March 22nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
BIG cams like less VE and more Timing in their idling cells. Try dropping the VE table about 15% in the general MAP area you think it should be idling at for your size cam---trial and error.

Jeff

CWR
March 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
thanks, Ill try that. I new I was getting into a lot of learning experiences by doing this swap for a friend. The wrenching part is nothing to me, I can do it in my sleep, but the programing, it takes me a while to learn everything.

CWR
March 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I have programed this truck before and everytime we do it doesn't want to idle for about a day. Then it starts running fine. why does it do that. another note, it used to do that with a hypertech programer also. what would cause that.

mr.prick
March 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
It sounds like you need fuel and idle tuning.

CWR
March 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Even when it was stock it would do that. what could cause the learning of the idle and what is the easiest way to fix it?