PDA

View Full Version : More Flashscan questions?

Acer
December 26th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Paul & team,

Hope you have all had a great Christmas & a chance to recuperate after all the recent hard work :shock: .

I own EFI Live V6 Pro & the latest version of LS1Edit which I have been using on my Holden VX SS for the last few years. A friend has recently purchased another LS1 powered Holden & he has asked if I would add another PCM license to my LS1Edit & tune his car as well. Having recently caught-up with your V7/Flashscan developments I am now considering this as an alternative but have the following questions:

1. If we upgrade in January 05 as per your offer & want a dual PCM personal license edition would the total cost just be the upgrade + 1 extra PCM license (AU$ 303.60+149.60 incl GST)?

2. Is delivery within Australia included in your pricing?

3. From its initial release do you expect that Flashcan will have access to all the same tables/adjustments as LS1Edit presently has?

4. You may not be in a position to answer this one yet, but as I have just ordered an LS2 powered HSV GTO I am wondering whether this same Flashscan package will be upgradeable in the future to handle the new LS2 interface?

Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere but as I can't seem to find them I just wanted to be sure I have understood your offer correctly.

Many thanks :) ,

Acer

GMPX
December 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM
1. If we upgrade in January 05 as per your offer & want a dual PCM personal license edition would the total cost just be the upgrade + 1 extra PCM license (AU$ 303.60+149.60 incl GST)?

You get 4 licenses (special Jan offer), any year, any model.

2. Is delivery within Australia included in your pricing?

Delivery is not included, Paul would know the exact figures, but approx $25 + GST (for Aus).

3. From its initial release do you expect that Flashcan will have access to all the same tables/adjustments as LS1Edit presently has?

Not sure how many Edit or HPT has, but for the Holden (and US cars) we have about 400 tables/parameters supported.

4. You may not be in a position to answer this one yet, but as I have just ordered an LS2 powered HSV GTO I am wondering whether this same Flashscan package will be upgradeable in the future to handle the new LS2 interface?

We are working on the LS2 right now!!, of course we can't say when it will be ready because we don't know just how many hurdles we might hit, but we have an LS2 ECM ripped apart that is now the development mule!!.
Certainly what we have discovered so far is it is very different to the current PCM code.

Cheers,
Ross

Acer
December 27th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Thanks GMPX & does this mean that I will be able to tune up to 4 different cars without buying any additional licenses?

Cheers,

Acer

GMPX
December 27th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks GMPX & does this mean that I will be able to tune up to 4 different cars without buying any additional licenses?

Cheers,

Acer

Correct, 4 cars with the one purchase, given you are in Aus that means any VTII - VZ (Or if you know somebody with a C5 then that too).

Cheers,
Ross

Acer
December 27th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks once again GMPX for the quick response. Just one more question :wink: - will the Personal version of Flashscan have exactly the same functionality as the Workshop version & if not what are the differences?

Cheers,

Acer

GMPX
December 27th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks once again GMPX for the quick response. Just one more question :wink: - will the Personal version of Flashscan have exactly the same functionality as the Workshop version & if not what are the differences?

Cheers,

Acer

Initially we were having two different levels of calibrations depending on what version you had, but the Beta testers set us back in place and now both the personal and workshop versions have the same amount of tables etc to edit.

Other functions such as PCM Locking so no-one else can read/write to the PCM will only be available to the workshops as will full PCM flashing.

VATS Reset, I am not sure about that, there is probably the need for a personal user to have this function if they ever wanted a spare PCM for some reason. Oh BTW, our VATS reset is 100% safe and only takes about 2 seconds to do :lol:
Also, PCM recovery if needed will be available in both versions, only the personal version will only be able to recover the PCM it is licensed to, not your mates who might have been lost to another programming package.

Cheers,
Ross