PDA

View Full Version : personal VS commercial?

THEFERMANATOR
March 24th, 2009, 02:24 PM
this is probably a stupid question, but what if any difference is there between the two? I see some places sell a personal edition and others sell a commercial, just trying to decide who I should buy from for my project.

joecar
March 24th, 2009, 04:11 PM
THEFERMANATOR (http://forum.efilive.com/member.php?u=8814)

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

The commercial edition allows you to flash in a different OS, allows you to edit some ETC parameters on some engine calibrations, and was US$50 more than the personal edition.

V1 used to come in personal and commercial editions, but now only comes in commercial edition.

V2 just comes in one edition which includes those features of V1 commercial mentioned above.

THEFERMANATOR
March 25th, 2009, 02:42 AM
It was the V2 I was looking at. I've seen on a few sites where they said personal with the V2 and others said commercial. I seen they were both the same price so I figured I would ask.

Stealth97
March 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I remember back when I was looking into it, like joecar said, it was a measly price different and removed that important function.

I bought Commercial Scan and Tune and paid 7 or 800. Never looked back.

kbracing96
March 28th, 2009, 04:52 AM
If it's new, it will be only be a Commercial. They don't sell a personal edition any more, both V1 or V2. If you find a used V1 that is a personal scan and tune, it's only 50 buck to upgrade it to a Commercial unit. I can help you with an upgrade, or a new unit, just let me know :)

mr.prick
March 28th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I remember back when I was looking into it, like joecar said, it was a measly price different and removed that important function.

I bought Commercial Scan and Tune and paid 7 or 800. Never looked back.

:notacrook:
I got my V2 and LC1 for $825 shipped. (11/06)
Inflation sucks.

N0DIH
March 28th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Was the hardware actually DIFFERENT or just a licensing change?

kbracing96
March 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
The hardware is the same, just a software/licensing code update. Personal could only do "cal only" flashes, no "full OS" flashes.

Just a little history, when I first bought EFILive, I got a V1 commercial and it was $850!

TAQuickness
March 28th, 2009, 10:50 PM
[quote=kbracing96;90697]Just a little history, when I first bought EFILive...quote]

I can't remember what I paid for mine, but it was a lot cheaper than the "pro" tune!