PDA

View Full Version : Wide band installation

Brads_rs
March 25th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Hi i am new here and i'm not sure if this is where this question need to be posted but here goes. I have the flash scan V2 and i am trying to connect my LM1 wideband to it. I have read the LC1 install but it still does not tell me what wires to hook up to my V2 and its color code is different than my LM1 setup. My company has just accuried a new mustang dyno and i need to get the wide band working with my flash scan to help me with my tunes. Its become very frustrating, I have all the tools but dont know how to make them work together. I see in the autove tut. it states the efi live has support for the LM1 but is lacking in how to hook them up, or i just have not looked in the right place. Please Help

joecar
March 25th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Brad,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Have a look at this: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8858

You may want to contact TAQuickness (http://forum.efilive.com/member.php?u=526) (Andy).

Brads_rs
March 25th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, thats just what i was looking for

azcatfan
May 16th, 2009, 08:10 AM
That's a great tutorial, but is there a similar one for the V1? I'm still trying to figure which orange connector I need to use to connect the 5v out from my AEM...

The AEM comes with 2 analog outputs, if I understand correctly, I can plug those into the orange 3-terminal for the V1, does it matter which of the three I use?

joecar
May 16th, 2009, 08:41 AM
V1 only has analog inputs...

If you have the latest software installed (build 85), goto page 109 in the scantool user manual pdf, and look at pins C, D, E...

You would connect:
- AEM signal output to V1 pin E,
- AEM signal ground to V1 pin D,

and then in the scantool you would select which pids (I'm not sure which ones, you may have to create AFR and BEN pids in calc_pids.txt or use other wb pids that have the same AFR:V function as you AEM).

azcatfan
May 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Ahhhh, thank you very much!