PDA

View Full Version : Got the DSP 5 Problem Solved!!!

LBZoom
March 25th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Hey guys,

I got that DSP 5 program working on my buddie's truck finally!!! Talk about excited, it's a good thing there wasn't a case of beer in the bed of his truck when we were testing 5 levels of power! Thanks for everyone's help I really appreciate the guys on this site all so willing to help :cheers:. And thanks to Chevydieselsmoker, and some of the guys at diesel place :cheers:. Chevydieselsmoker kinda tipped me in the direction of the MAF and i got to digging a little deeper and found the error was actually on the engine diagnostics side of things. Table C0904 to be exact, this table was not allowing enough difference between expected MAF and measured MAF to occur and it was limiting all the DSP tunes. I'm only 22 years old and I never liked school but I love learning how to EFI Live stuff! :cucumber:

joecar
March 25th, 2009, 06:41 AM
LBZ, good job...:cheers:

ScarabEpic22
March 25th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Awesome man, and Im 19 myself so I know exactly what you mean. School's always been ok for me, but the past few years Ive kept at it because it meant I could keep my TrailBlazer (except for last year, dont ask) and keep tuning it!

Now to buy a new E67/T42 so I can have a spare set for warranty work and still start tuning my TB SS. Fun summer ahead with LOTS of questions for everyone on here!

chevydieselsmoker
March 29th, 2009, 03:06 PM
not a problem helping out another diesel junkie, oh i forgot to tell you that tune you got from me dont run #5 unless hes got a built tranny, and i lift pump