PDA

View Full Version : P1514 Reduced Engine Power.

Mort
March 25th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I am getting this code at WOT on the shift either from 1-> 2 or 2 -> 3.

I have increased the values in {C6101} by 4 times from the stock values. Should I just keep going up or are there other areas that I should be looking at.

Thanks

joecar
March 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure, but 4x might be too much... make it something more sane like 1.5x.

Redline Motorsports
March 25th, 2009, 02:41 PM
200 % should do the job. Maxing just takes away the PCM's safety ability if the ETC decides to get a mind of its own!

Mort
March 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys! :cheers:

I'll try it at plus 200% and see if working on my Boost VE helps with this issue.

samh_08
March 26th, 2009, 11:02 AM
How certain of you that setting this table to the max is not a good thing? Jes from Wait4me has that whole table set at 4095.9...Should I be concerned of this?

Mort
March 26th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Good question. I don't know for sure. Mine is still considerably lower than that and follows the original scaling.

Mort
March 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Added my signature in case that influences the situation.

5.7ute
March 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
How certain of you that setting this table to the max is not a good thing? Jes from Wait4me has that whole table set at 4095.9...Should I be concerned of this?

If you were concerned, it isnt hard to make a custom pid from the GM.CYLAIR_DMA pid if using the maf or GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA pid if in speed density to read in milligrams per cylinder. Just multiply the pid by 1000. Make a map copying the C6101 table and paste the MAXIMUM (not average) results into your tune file. Add 10% for a safety margin & you are good to go.

Redline Motorsports
April 1st, 2009, 04:26 PM
That table is there for ETC control safety. If you max it you solve the reduced engine mode but you also take away some of the PCM's effectivness to control a runaway throttle problem. 200% moves the ceiling up high enough to not hit it but low enough to make the table still do something good!

Howard

Mort
April 2nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
If you were concerned, it isnt hard to make a custom pid from the GM.CYLAIR_DMA pid if using the maf or GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA pid if in speed density to read in milligrams per cylinder. Just multiply the pid by 1000. Make a map copying the C6101 table and paste the MAXIMUM (not average) results into your tune file. Add 10% for a safety margin & you are good to go.

5.7ute, Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to try that to see what I get compared to my current and future settings.

That table is there for ETC control safety. If you max it you solve the reduced engine mode but you also take away some of the PCM's effectivness to control a runaway throttle problem. 200% moves the ceiling up high enough to not hit it but low enough to make the table still do something good!

Howard

Howard, Thanks for the explanation. It helps as now I have a better idea of what this table is set up to accomplish. I will keep the 200% limit in mind.