PDA

View Full Version : 2000 gmc seirra 4.3 won't start after attempt to read pcm!!!

red12secz28
September 20th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I just recently tried to read my friends 2000 Gmc sierra 4.3. Flashscan did not recognize it. Now it won't start. I turned the key to run and pulled the ecm bat fuse for 30 sec. THe truck primes because I can hear the fuel pump. I turned it over and it catches and then just cuts off. The lcd screen says security but all the gm trucks i tuned and seen show the same thing. I wouldn't think just because I tryed to read the pcm it would shut down.
I talked to Blacky and he thinks its vats. How can I try to relink vats thanks

red12secz28
September 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Sorry Guys I just freaked out. It started now. Its one thing if I'm stranded, but if my friend is stranded because of me thats different. Guess the pcm freaked out.

wait4me
September 20th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Efilive can only do the ls1 based computers. That computer in that truck is the vortech Black computer with 4 plugs. That is why it didnt recognize the pcm. You need to unplug the 4 plugs on the computer for about 10 seconds, then the vehicle should start back up. If not, Email me personally, ill send you out another pcm.
The 4.3s that can be programmed by efilive are 2001 and up. That is when they switched to the 1220411 pcm.