PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure-Calculated PID

Lextech
March 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I am going to log fuel pressure and have read the tutorial. I have a V7 and V7.5 folder in my UserConfigurations. I installed the F/P calculated PID to both of them. The tutorial says to Open the Scan Tool and open the PID tab and select GM-EGR and in the Calculated PID dropdown select Calc-FP. I can't seem to see the Calc-FP PID. What am I doing wrong????

Jeff

mr.prick
March 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM
If you wrote the PID like the tutorial,
look under the Fuel section of the PIDs too, see if it is there.

After editing the calc.pids.txt you will need to reboot the scan.exe to see any changes.

Lextech
March 27th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I was messing with it last night before bed. I did not know about the reboot. I will check it when I get home from work.
Thank You,
Jeff

Lextech
March 27th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Well, I just checked again---Can't find it. The calculated Fuel Pressure PID is loaded EXACTLY as the tutorial says. I have checked the Calculated and Fuel dropdowns--Supported and Not Supported--Still can't find it.

Jeff

mr.prick
March 27th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Try this just to be sure.

Lextech
March 27th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Well, I don't know what made yours work---But it did. It looked just like the PID I had---But apparently it wasn't.

Thank You.

Jeff

bmax
May 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Hello,

Quick question.
Do you copy and paste the pid info into an existing file somewhere or do you make its own file and drag/drop it into the v2 with EE? :confused:

Thank you

Brad

mr.prick
May 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM
You can copy the PID in post #5 to your existing calc.pids.txt or
save as: calc.pids.txt
in C:\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration
overwriting your existing one

bmax
May 4th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Thank you.

mr.prick