PDA

View Full Version : E38 stand alone

v8vegaman
March 27th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hey guys. I am working with a 2007 vette engine and E38 ECM. I have traced out the harness and have it ready to go. I purchased a new E38 ECM and need to put a file in it. The issue that I have is the 2 data wires from the ecm go to what the scematic calls "computer data systems". They are a tan and tan/blk. 2 wires.

To run to the OBD2 link, the GEN3 uses pin number 2 out of Blue 58 for data, I have found some info that sais to run the tan to 14 and tan/blk to 6. If I do this on a bench will I be able to programm this E38? I know it is probably a simple question but I don't want to take any chances of the the big FRY.

Thanks again
:shock:

gmh308
March 28th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Hey guys. I am working with a 2007 vette engine and E38 ECM. I have traced out the harness and have it ready to go. I purchased a new E38 ECM and need to put a file in it. The issue that I have is the 2 data wires from the ecm go to what the scematic calls "computer data systems". They are a tan and tan/blk. 2 wires.

To run to the OBD2 link, the GEN3 uses pin number 2 out of Blue 58 for data, I have found some info that sais to run the tan to 14 and tan/blk to 6. If I do this on a bench will I be able to programm this E38? I know it is probably a simple question but I don't want to take any chances of the the big FRY.

Thanks again
:shock:

Yes those two are the GMLAN. No connection=no program. :)

GMPX
March 29th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Is that a Gen-IV in a plane?

Biggsy
March 31st, 2009, 08:27 PM
It has been done Ross, I have a photo of a turbo LS1 powered aircraft I found on the net (Not my photo and don't know who to credit)

gmh308
March 31st, 2009, 09:45 PM
There is a guy, or several, in QLD, building Spitfire replicas with LS2 etc powerplants.

Highlander
April 10th, 2009, 07:54 AM
now... this is a plane I would like!!!!!