PDA

View Full Version : RR's & holden VU utes

limited cv8r
March 28th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Tried to tune a holden 2001 VU HSV ute the other day. Fitted the first RR to the vehicle, I could hook up to the RR, but no mater what I tried the vehicle would not start, swapped out RR for RR out of my own car,vehicle started and seemed fine but on the dyno everytime I tried to make an adjustment the RR would loose connection with laptop. I vaguely remember people having problems with early holden utes,even having to resort to bench flashing them. Has anybody else experienced any similar problems as this with this model vehicle.

Note: I have since used both of these RR's in another vehicle and both have worked flawlessly.

GMPX
March 29th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Back in the days of LS1Edit you had to pull the PCM to flash it in a VU, we had the same problems with EFILive when we first released our tuner, but of course that has been sorted a long time ago, but all those problems were related to the programming of a real flash chip.

With the RR there should be no reason that it doesn't work correctly in any Holden, VU, HSV or anything in between.

Cheers,
Ross

limited cv8r
March 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I was hoping that maybe there was something funky electrically with this model car that contributed to these problems.

JezzaB
March 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I was hoping that maybe there was something funky electrically with this model car that contributed to these problems.

Ive got a RR and a VU and ive used both for years. Sitting in there at the moment and still working fine. Must be just a glitch in the Matrix make. Keep trying.

Jez

macca_779
March 30th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Ive got a RR and a VU and ive used both for years. Sitting in there at the moment and still working fine. Must be just a glitch in the Matrix make. Keep trying.

Jez

My VT HSV killed it there for a bit mate. Oddly enough it came back to life eventually after the evil electrons left the building. :angel_innocent: