PDA

View Full Version : KR 'V' Vortec KR pid's

hquick
March 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Can someone tell me what the difference is?
Why is there a specific 'Vortec' KR PID?

N0DIH
March 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Knock Retard Voltage?... It is the actual voltage on the KS line. This is PRE PCM filtering, so no interpretation of it, so noise and all would still be there.

It is a valuable PID in my book, but the data is raw, so use it with that expecation.

But for the Vortec KR PID, different PCM, the hardware is very different than the PCM in the 0411-up. Different processor, smaller memory (28F400 vs 28F800), so memory locations are all different.

hquick
March 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Tom.
So...that being said....should I be logging the Vortec KR pid or the standard LS1 KR pid?

Ohhh....and the topic title wasn't supposed to mean 'V' (Voltage) it means 'V' (versus). :thumb_yello:

Supercharged111
March 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
On my '98 if I don't select the Vortec KR PID I don't log any KR, something unique about it I guess.

N0DIH
March 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Probably "V" is for Vortec, I have rarely got the KR Voltage PID to work. It is cool when it does, but never on EFILive only on MXScan of all things. It is querky, but the "non supported" PIDs sometimes work on other vehicles and voila, it reads. Assuming that it is reading the right data at the time.

You have to use the KR pid for the Vortec, the LS1 one won't read anything.

Thanks Tom.
So...that being said....should I be logging the Vortec KR pid or the standard LS1 KR pid?

Ohhh....and the topic title wasn't supposed to mean 'V' (Voltage) it means 'V' (versus). :thumb_yello:

hquick
March 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Lol! Still some confusion.
I'm tryig to find out what the diference is between the GM.KR Retard Due To Knock PID and the KNRET_B Knock Retard(Vortec) PID

Stealth97
March 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks Tom.

Howard, just like me, you'll use the standard LS1 "Retard Due to Knock" I believe.

Happy tuning.

hquick
March 28th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah...that's what I've been using all along Eric...but hadn't seen the Vortec KR pid and was wondering what the difference was.

tokymon
April 26th, 2009, 08:42 AM
matbe for the old black box vortec

i use ls1

GAMEOVER
April 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
When using Flashscan V2 for BBL the Vortec controller(Big ugly BlackBox :D) KR wouldn't work or didn't validate as a Valid Pid so KNRET_B was made to work by Paul......

hquick
April 26th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the clarification.