PDA

View Full Version : using ls2 90mm throtle body on 08 chey truck

CBM
March 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Any one had any luck running a ls2 throtle body on a 08 chevy with a l92 engine and a E38 computer?? are there any pros and cons ? The eng is going to be a 415 ci stroker looking for more airflow than stock??

thanks for the help chris :grin:

GMPX
March 29th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Might be a problem as there is lots of ETC controls that are tailored to each platform, best case, it works, likely case it will be in limp mode.

Cheers,
Ross

CBM
March 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Well I was thinking that but both 07 vette and 08 trucks use the E38 controller with most of the stand alone systems we build. I have found most of the gm late model throttle pedals have the same sweeps. I was just hoping that some one has tried this seeing the engine is going to Dubai and we don't have the truck to test.

GMPX
March 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
True they use the same ECM but I have seen first hand out here in Australia, engines that come in from yards with a mix and match of pedals , throttle bodies and ECM's. 50% of them will only run in limp mode until the matching trio is found (T.B, Pedal & ECM tune).
It sure makes it tough in your instance when you have to ship it OS and hope it works.

Cheers,
Ross