PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol in fuel

Extinct
March 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Anyone ever log the sensor reading and compare it to what the pump says ? I'm just wondering what a typical E10 pump gas reads via the sensor ?

Anyone ever do a check to try and calibrate ? Perhaps use E0 and add the 10% ethanol manually to verify operation of the sensor ?

The reason I am asking is I am thinking of its relative impact on Stoich, power, and economy.

Thanks

Tim

GMPX
March 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I've heard it can be inconsistent from the pumps, I guess this is why GM don't just switch between one or the other, rather they always adjust between the two, actually, they really do that because the mix between normal E0 and E85 is never a given.
The most accurate confirmation would be to measure it on a real sensor (LS1 PCM), not the estimated routines they are using on the E38 / E67. You would probably need to fill up on E85 for two tanks to flush the system of any normal gas, then on the third fill see where the E85% is at.

Cheers,
Ross

Extinct
March 30th, 2009, 12:03 AM
What sensor does the LS1 PCM have ? I was not aware any had the sensor ? I am more interested in how accurate the blends of E10 are for now and just wondering if the GM sensors can accurately detect the amount of alcohol in the fuel.

Anyone ever log the data ?