PDA

View Full Version : No Power 6.0 5psi!

pandreas
April 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Just tuned a 6.0 truck motor with a mild cam and a Magnuson w/5psi SD in a 63 Impala. 228HP, 283TQ! Tune looks great motor is solid, no leaks. Could I have missed something in the tune? Or bad engine combo? Any ideas?:bangin:

5.7ute
April 1st, 2009, 08:16 PM
Is there any trouble codes in the log?
Might be worth posting your tune & a log file so the more knowledgable ones on here can take a look.
BTW welcome to the forum.

limited cv8r
April 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM
Have tuned a 5.7 , mild cam with a harrop 112 ( equivalant to magnuson ) 5.5 psi- 420hp, sounds like you are definately down on power. Is anything taking timing away? eg IAT table or burst knock.

Slowrc
April 1st, 2009, 10:49 PM
Overlap in cam bleeding boost??? 6.0 with a miss should put those numbers down N/a...

pandreas
April 2nd, 2009, 05:34 AM
The only code that I get is a P0785 which is a shift solenoid malfunction. It is possible that the tranny is slipping through the pull but it seems to be solid. There does not seem to be any timing being pulled nor is there any activity on the knock sensor. As soon as I can get back to the laptop I will post a tune and log file. BTW Mustang dyno numbers.

pandreas
April 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Took it for a test drive on the street and trans seems to have a noticable slip. Also doesn't seem to want to shift through the gears in drive.

pandreas
April 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
I just got the car back from the trans shop and they decided to swap in a 700r4. I ran it on the dyno again and got the same results. I have included a copy of the tune. Any help would be appreciated.

5.7ute
April 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Have you got a log of the run you can post?

limited cv8r
April 21st, 2009, 02:09 PM
By running in SD and not using a COS tune you will default to B5914 spark low octane table.In the higher airflow areas of this table, you have some fairly low numbers.So for timing you will have to modify your low spark table or upgrade to a COS to get back your high spark table. You may also be losing some timing with your B5911 Spark IAT Table, depending on your intake temps.

joecar
April 21st, 2009, 03:59 PM
Fix this before proceding:

Out of Range calibration summary: 08:58:24 pm, Tuesday Apr 21, 2009

Engine Calibration.AIR Pump
{B0203} AIR Pump Coolant Temp Disable, was out of range when loaded.

pandreas
April 21st, 2009, 04:40 PM
Here is one of the log files. I fixed the (B0203). Would that have any bearing on the performance of the tune?

joecar
April 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM
It doesn't have any bearing, but it causes the PCM to spend extra time dealing with a parameter value that is outside of the expected range.

limited cv8r
April 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM
I'm assuming you are cable throttle, if so you are only showing 85% in that log. You also need to log airflow to help trace your maps.

pandreas
April 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
I didn't know you could log airflow without the MAF. It is a cable throttle.

limited cv8r
April 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM
If you look at most maps and tables in the tune tool it will tell you what they are linked to. e.g spark map is RPM {link:SAE RPM}, Gram/Cylinder {link:GM.DYNCLAIR_DMA}.Also if you hold your cursor over these heading it will also show you alternative links if available.
If you are cable throttle you should in all reality be getting 100% throttle at WOT,you may want to check that.

5.7ute
April 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM
I didn't know you could log airflow without the MAF. It is a cable throttle.

I'm sure he meant airmass so you can follow timing in your tune.

pandreas
April 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM
BTW, thanks for catching the TPS. The car has been such a nightmare that frustration has taken over. I am going to try to get the car back after they fix some more stuff that keeps falling apart (part of my frustration) and a trans that works and we'll give it another go. I still don't see 150 hp to be gained here, but this is my first SD tune.

joecar
April 22nd, 2009, 04:04 AM
Without MAF, to see massair flowrate [g/s] log GM.DYNAIR.

joecar
April 22nd, 2009, 04:14 AM
I see you failed the MAF in the tunefile (SD).

Are you doing AutoVE...? If you are then O2 fuel trimming is still enabled in your file...

Your B0101 VE is incorrect.

If you're doing AutoVE, then you have to remember to apply the transient filter before multiplying the BEN into the VE table.

In SD, as limited cv8r said above, timing comes from the LO spark table which looks low to me.