PDA

View Full Version : Just reloaded EfiLive and is now saying my ETC is incorrect

Koncrete
April 2nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Hey everyone, been a while...

I finally got back around to playing with EfiLive and pulled the *.tun and as Efi loads I get the error

The currently loaded calibration contains one or more incorrect ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) tables.

DO NOT FLASH THIS CALIBRATION into a PCM that is to be used for ETC, or your PCM may be permanently inoperable.

I am 100% certain this is the tune that is currently "in" my car... Although I cannot verify until I finish reloading my laptop...

I think I attached it correctly, could someone take a quick look?

joecar
April 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Koncrete,

Which build version of the scantool/tunetool software do you have...?
Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?

Koncrete
April 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Got the V1 flashscan and I downloaded the latest 7.5 software and did the update

joecar
April 2nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Oh, so you have build 83...?

Blacky
April 2nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Does you vehicle have ETC fitted or does it use a throttle cable?

If it uses a throttle cable then you can ignore the warning as the ETC tables are switched off and not used.

If your vehicle has electronic throttle control fitted then it is not recommended to flash in that file since EFILive detected that some throttle tables are not consistent with their backup/redundant tables. It could cause a reduced engine power mode or in the worst case, a non-functional PCM.

Regards
Paul

Koncrete
April 2nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
ooooo

im such a moron... =P

Didn't even occur to me... Now that I think about it I got that error since day one, its been a couple of years and it worried me...

And yea, I have a cable not ETC... Can I delete this thread or does it get posted in the "Some morons shouldn't work on their own car's" thread :)

joecar
April 3rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
No worries, it happens to the best of us... :)

If you want me to delete this thread just let me know.

Koncrete
April 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
nah, not a big deal, maybe someone will search that code instead of being a doofus like me