PDA

View Full Version : MAF removed...no code????

hquick
April 2nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Hi All,
been running this tune for quite some time...with regular adjustments.
Up until recently I was getting the standard MAF code (due to being OLSD and there being no MAF).
Strangely this morning I noticed that code is no longer there.
Anyone have any idea why not?

swingtan
April 2nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Any chance you have set P0101 to P0103 to "Not Reported" by accident? This would have that effect.

Simon

hquick
April 2nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
No...checked that Simon. No changes there at all.
Also my cranking VE table is saying out of range....and I can't see why.

hquick
April 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Still no MAF code...but fixed the out of range cranking VE message.
EFILive limits are 0-500. I had a few cells at 100.??
I set those to 99.9, saved and reopened the tune....out of range gone????

Blacky
April 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Still no MAF code...but fixed the out of range cranking VE message.
EFILive limits are 0-500. I had a few cells at 100.??
I set those to 99.9, saved and reopened the tune....out of range gone????

Can you please send a copy of the *.tun file that shows the out of range values to paul@efilive.com and include a link to this thread.

Thanks
Paul

hquick
April 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Email sent Paul

hquick
June 9th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Just got a new laptop and loaded up the software.
Ran a log on the way home and played with the RR a little to make sure it was all loaded and working OK.
Strangely...my MAF code is back. It should be there....the MAF is in the garage.
For a couple of months now...the code was gone.
Hmmm....'Gremlins'.

Supercharged111
June 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
FWIW I removed all 4 O2's and unplugged my MAF and never got a light. When I checked the codes in the flashscan they were there, and my tune was set to throw a MIL when those failed, but I still never got the light for some reason.

Blacky
June 29th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Does the MIL actually work - i.e. is the lamp broken?
It should illuminate at ignition on, before starting the engine.
Or you could try illuminating it using the Scan Tool bidirectional controls (aka DVT controls).

Regards
Paul

Supercharged111
June 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Good call, I never really paid attention. I'll go check that.

Edit: if it's the check gauges light, then yes. If not, then it looks like it's broke. MIL should be red, not orange like the check gauges IIRC. I wish the answer to my PE only knock was this simple. . .

Aloicious
June 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Good call, I never really paid attention. I'll go check that.

Edit: if it's the check gauges light, then yes. If not, then it looks like it's broke. MIL should be red, not orange like the check gauges IIRC. I wish the answer to my PE only knock was this simple. . .

no, the check gauges light is for like if your oil pressure gauge is at zero or something like that. on your cluster it should be yellow/orange and in the upper left quadrant of the cluster. it'll say service engine soon, or check engine, or something to that effect. your bulb might be burnt out.

PE Only knock? what is your commanded AFR when it happens? check that your fuel mixtures are correct, and that its not running lean, if it is fine, then log the spark map cells that it is happening at and lower them, and the ones around it a little too.

hquick
June 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
My CEL works fine. For some reason it just stopped throwing the code.
Burb ran fine....just no code.

Aloicious
June 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM
My CEL works fine. For some reason it just stopped throwing the code.
Burb ran fine....just no code.

hey it's Howard, I haven't heard anything from you recently, are you in the states?

yeah I figured your CEL light was okay, I was referring to supercharged111's issue.

hquick
June 30th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Yes I am!
Actually sitting here in Jeff's (Lextech) loungeroom. We're staying here for about a week. Great to meet a few of the forum members.

Aloicious
July 1st, 2009, 12:02 AM
Yes I am!
Actually sitting here in Jeff's (Lextech) loungeroom. We're staying here for about a week. Great to meet a few of the forum members.

right on, sounds like fun, are you going to be around there for the fourth of July?

hquick
July 1st, 2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah...will be here until the 6th. In the US until the 16th.

Aloicious
July 1st, 2009, 01:08 AM
Yeah...will be here until the 6th. In the US until the 16th.

righteous, if you ever make it out west here, you're welcome to stop by.