PDA

View Full Version : break point

odd boy
April 3rd, 2009, 05:39 AM
What is the break point between the low and high load for the MAF sensor? See {B1097} and {B1098}

GMPX
April 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Not sure what you mean exactly, but if you look at the last axis value in B1097 it is 5800Hz, then the first value in B1098 is the same, meaning, when the MAF frequency is 5800Hz the ECM will switch to B1098.
GM did away with the twin MAF tables in 2008 and went to a single table.

Cheers,
Ross

swingtan
April 3rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
I've always seen it as Ross has said. It's simply a single table broken into 2 parameters. I have no idea why you would want to have it that way unless there is additional parameters that allow separate control of each one. Something like an RPM / MAP correction factor or something like that.

The only real tip I have for these table is to ensure the 5800HZ cell in both table is the same. This should prevent a condition where the ECM jumps between the 2 tables if the 5800 cell in B1098 is set lower then B1097.

Simon

odd boy
April 3rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Is there a way to log the HZ?? Now in E38, it is difficult to alter the fuel, the only way I see is the MAF.

swingtan
April 3rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
For the E38, log "Mass Airflow Raw Frequency" ie. MAFFREQ2 or GM.MAFFREQ2

This will give you the actual MAF frequency that is needed to dial in the MAF.

What do you mean by "Now in E38, it is difficult to alter the fuel"? If you are referring to the VVE, it's not that much more difficult than the LS1 PCM, it just needs a slightly different approach. I did a "How-To" which can be downloaded from here... http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Virtual%20VE%20Adjustment%20Tutorial.pdf

If you are thinking of running the MAF, then you should dial in the VVE first and then dial in the MAF. The results of doing this are very good.

Simon.

odd boy
April 3rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
For the E38, log "Mass Airflow Raw Frequency" ie. MAFFREQ2 or GM.MAFFREQ2

This will give you the actual MAF frequency that is needed to dial in the MAF.

What do you mean by "Now in E38, it is difficult to alter the fuel"? If you are referring to the VVE, it's not that much more difficult than the LS1 PCM, it just needs a slightly different approach. I did a "How-To" which can be downloaded from here... http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Virtual%20VE%20Adjustment%20Tutorial.pdf

If you are thinking of running the MAF, then you should dial in the VVE first and then dial in the MAF. The results of doing this are very good.

Simon.

Look at this file it totally looks different especially (B8101)!!! 5049

swingtan
April 3rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
If you read the guide, it was based on a VZ L76, so the VVE is going to look different when compared to say a VE L98. The guide is just that, a guide. You need to use it as a base on how to do the adjustments on your tune. If you use it as an exact set of adjustments, you will probably end up with a very bad tune.

Simon.

odd boy
April 4th, 2009, 12:05 AM
thx still learning

GMPX
April 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Odd boy, you are probably at an advantage if you are still learning, the people who have the most trouble getting their heads around the E38 are old school LS1 tuners.

Cheers,
Ross

odd boy
April 5th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I am one of them!! :grin:

ScarabEpic22
April 6th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Just be lucky you arent like me who taught himself to tune the P10 PCM first.:bangin:

Now its an E67/T42 combo that Ill be learning, once I get this figured out I think I should be able to get all the E38s done too so thats a majority of them. Maybe Ill find an LS1 project car sometime and tune that too.:grin: