PDA

View Full Version : Need help please.

12sec.5.3
April 4th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Went to the track last night to dial in the 42# injectors. WB is showing 13.2-13.3 in second gear and 12.2-12.3 in third. Didn't really notice first gear. I'm running AEM WB and it isn't tapped in to my laptop. Coming home from the track on the street I nailed it at 55mph and WB shows 11.6-11.8. I looked back at some logs from last night and the ve table shows I'm staying in the same few cells all through the 1/4 so engine load is not varying enough in different gears to get in different cells. What needs to be adjusted to change fueling in different gears? Thanks

johnv
April 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Went to the track last night to dial in the 42# injectors. WB is showing 13.2-13.3 in second gear and 12.2-12.3 in third. Didn't really notice first gear. I'm running AEM WB and it isn't tapped in to my laptop. Coming home from the track on the street I nailed it at 55mph and WB shows 11.6-11.8. I looked back at some logs from last night and the ve table shows I'm staying in the same few cells all through the 1/4 so engine load is not varying enough in different gears to get in different cells. What needs to be adjusted to change fueling in different gears? Thanks

You can't change fueling for different gears apart from the different MAP cells hit due to different load in the VE table.

Have you dialed in the VE table ?

If your fuel trims are out because VE table is off, WOT fueling can be inconsistant.
ie positive fuel trims will remain when you enter PE adding extra fuel so your actual afr will be richer then commanded.If fuel trims are -ve they don't carry through into PE

You need to dial in your main VE table with the auto VE process until fuel trims are zerrow or slightly -ve.

Also cat protection if left on can add fuel on WOT runs, i always turn it off when tuning, then turn it back on when done, if cats are still in.