PDA

View Full Version : Shift speed / delay

Garry
April 4th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Hi,

trying to help a Corvette guy out, I was looking at a stock 07 LS2 Corvette TCM today ... I reduced the Shift Times (D9005 etc.) slightly for 1->2, 2->3, 3->4 as well as the down shifts, but that didn't fix the delay (though the actual downshifts felt a bit quicker) ... what the guy would like is that the car didn't take something like 1-2 seconds after pressing the paddle shifts until it actually does anything ... what is required to get this delay down?

Garry
April 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Nobody?

ScarabEpic22
April 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Dont know, but did you change the TUTD trans parameters too? My SS doesnt have TUTD (bummer I know) so I dont know.

Garry
April 6th, 2009, 11:17 PM
TUTD values only seem to contain either speed or RPM values (apart from being turned on or off), not any delays ... at least for an LS2 C6 ...

Tre-Cool
April 8th, 2009, 12:13 AM
there is nothing you can do to increase the tutd speeds. the box's are just retarded or 2 smart for their own good.

pick one.

Garry
April 8th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Then what did GM change between the LS2 and LS3 version of the C6's T43?
Also, I saw a post on HPTuners' forum that sounded like one of the places there had tunes that would fix the TCM's delay ... another post attributed the delay to the torque management ...

gmh308
April 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Then what did GM change between the LS2 and LS3 version of the C6's T43?
Also, I saw a post on HPTuners' forum that sounded like one of the places there had tunes that would fix the TCM's delay ... another post attributed the delay to the torque management ...

New OS and vastly improved calibration set for '08! Nice! Have had TUTD working quite snappily, but only at high torque, lower rpm numbers. There are several torque "zones", but we dont have access to them yet. I am guessing my snappy TUTD results are only in the middle torque zone.

Garry
April 8th, 2009, 05:32 PM
So, can the T43 be updated just as the PCM on the LS1?

Garry
April 11th, 2009, 05:23 AM
*Bump*

ScarabEpic22
April 11th, 2009, 03:42 PM
So, can the T43 be updated just as the PCM on the LS1?

?????

Do you mean like reflashed with a newer OS? I think so, but I havent touched a T43 before so I cant say for sure.

Garry
April 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Yes, OS reflash ...

Any of the C6 experts on here that can give some more insight? I have about 1-2 dozen T43 owners around here that would love to get their trannys updated for snappier shift response ...

gmh308
April 12th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Needs a Tech II to flash a new OS into the T43.

Corvette Chuck provides this service too. :)

Garry
April 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Any chance of seeing that feature in EFILive any time soon? I don't feel like paying something like 4grand for a Tech II ...

gmh308
April 12th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Any chance of seeing that feature in EFILive any time soon? I don't feel like paying something like 4grand for a Tech II ...

Dont think GM or Chuck COW charges anywhere near that! :)

Garry
April 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Well, found one place that sells a "basic 32M" one for 3grand ...

GMPX
April 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM
We started to develop T43 full flash, but I killed them beyond repair and have been having trouble trying to get them now.

Not sure on the TUTD delay, but it is a common complaint, no doubt there is something in there to control this, but it's so complex that TCM it's a battle to make sense of anything!

We are slowly but surely adding in T43 additions, I think for 'most' people they are able to improve the 6Lxxx trans considerably, but there is always more room for improvement.

Cheers,
Ross