PDA

View Full Version : Data filters do not work

tor1965
April 4th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hi
Can somebody help?

I have done some auto ve tuning during the last days. When I past in the ve correction it seams like I change the same sells over and over again.
I then started to look at my data filters. Every time I restart my tuning tool the value in the data filter are reset to zero. In addition to this it seams like the filter do not work.
To be certain I have set up a filter that should “exclude data frames” “engine rpm” “less then” “2000,00” rpm. (Should be weary easy to see on the map). When I apply this filter nothing happened neither with my Map, or my dashboard view. I have EfiLive installed on three different computers, all acting the same. I have reinstalled the latest version on my laptop after cleaning up the register. And checked that my Flashscan have the latest firmware.
After the reinstall I made a new map, and new pid selection. (No copying of old files)
I then connected the computer to the flashscan and the flash scan to the car. After logging some idle and part throttle data I tried to set up and apply a filter. It does not exclude anything.
If I make the filter “exclude data frames” “engine rpm” “greater then” “2000,00” rpm. All my data disappear, even the idle cells.
What can be wrong? Please help?

Tor

joecar
April 5th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Tor,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Post in this thread your log file and your filters.txt file from the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration.

tor1965
April 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hi, and thanks for looking

Here are the files.
I think that the filter.txt changes when I try to apply the filter to the log file, or when I restart the program?

Tor

tor1965
April 7th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hi
Now I have made a new clean install off my laptop. Formatted, new install of Win xp, new download of efilive, v 755-83 and v8. New boot loader and new program for the V2 (formatted deleted and reinstalled latest version).
In Flash Scan I have opened one of the example log files. (Monaro supercharged 0 to 100 kph.efi) Then I have opened the Tune tool and opened the “2002_corvetteZ06_ls1.tun
I have “copied with label” the VE table.
In the tun tool I have made a new map, and “past labels” in the row and columns. Chosen map and rpm. I then chose Injector base pulse with as the data parameter.
Then I made a new filter asking to
Exclude data frames
Injector base pulse with bank 1(ms)
Less then 15,00 ms

When I apply this filter, nothing happens with the map

I then changed the filter to
Include data frames
Less then 15,00 ms
When I apply this filter everything disappear from my map.

Can somebody please try this in the latest version of the program, and tell me if it is the program, or me, that it is something wrong with?

Tor

joecar
April 8th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Then I made a new filter asking to
Exclude data frames
Injector base pulse with bank 1(ms)
Less then 15,00 ms
Hi Tor,

I don't see that filter in your Filters.txt file...

15.00ms for the IBPW is quite large, that will exclude 99.9% of your log.

tor1965
April 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hello

No it is not in the old filter txt because I formatted and installed the whole program again.
15 ms vas just a value that was lower then the max reading in the example map. It does not matter what value I use. The result is the same. I just wrote 5 ms in the filter, still the same. All this files and data is in the efilive installation files. Is it just me that don’t get this to function.

Tor

joecar
April 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Tor,

Where are you located...?

Try this experiment: change you computer's locale settings to USA (i.e. use period instead of comma for decimal point).

V8Hilux
April 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Just a Guess but i think you need to use OR instead of AND.

I think that if you use and in only excludes the cell when all the filters are met. probably a verry small amount of data filtered.

V8Hilux

tor1965
April 8th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Hello joecar

After hours of hour with irritation, testing and working to get this to work you just throw in the solution easy as that. Thank you weary much “joecar”.
I am located in Norway and the settings on the computer are Norwegian.
The language on the computer crossed my mind early in the process. But one of my three computers running with the problems has an US version of XP and I therefore excluded that as the problem.
I didn’t think of the difference with the period and comma as the decimal point.
I was altering the values high and low and even negative and found that result changed. My thought was that it had to be something wrong with some factors or codes in the program itself.
On your advice I just changed the control panel
“Regional and language options”
“Regional Options”-
“Customize”
“Decimal symbols”: from comma to period.
And that solved the whole problem.
Thank you again, you have been to weary much help.

Best Regards
Tor

joecar
April 9th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Tor, thanks, you are welcome...:cheers:

ar99kid
December 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
guys !!! thanks for this post ! i am a beginner in this EFIlive and i am trying to learn as much as possible...i had the same problem as you tor (because i live in europe ) and i have searched on the forum for this problem. know i can filter my logged data !!!:rockon:

thanks again joe...you really think out of the box...:cheers: