PDA

View Full Version : P1761 Code

MN C5
April 5th, 2009, 07:14 AM
What is it? Flashscan ID's it as coming from the TCM.

Thanks

joecar
April 5th, 2009, 07:18 AM
What vehicle...?

Does www.ls2.com or www.gearchatter.com list that one (I don't see it in my manuals)...?

MN C5
April 5th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Background, its 2008 4wd Chevy PU that I pulled the 4L70 out of and installed a 6L90. The TCM and ECM are using Vin's from a 08 Denali to allow the tranny to work.

I'm chasing a issue, my TQ converter isn't locking up because the TCM isn't asking it to. Flashscan shows that TC Clutch enable is "CMD off" and was wondering if the code had anything to do with it. I've done about 4 reflashes using the Tech2 and it still doesn't lock up 98% of the time. I have no idea why it locks up 2% of the time. I'm thinking of having the TCM replaced as my next step.

gmh308
April 5th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Background, its 2008 4wd Chevy PU that I pulled the 4L70 out of and installed a 6L90. The TCM and ECM are using Vin's from a 08 Denali to allow the tranny to work.

I'm chasing a issue, my TQ converter isn't locking up because the TCM isn't asking it to. Flashscan shows that TC Clutch enable is "CMD off" and was wondering if the code had anything to do with it. I've done about 4 reflashes using the Tech2 and it still doesn't lock up 98% of the time. I have no idea why it locks up 2% of the time. I'm thinking of having the TCM replaced as my next step.

The ECM and the TCM OS's need to be matched. What are the OS PN's in each? When you say they are using VIN's from a Denali, do you mean the calibrations in each are aligned to the Denali VIN?

P1761 is the TUTD switch circuit.