PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader rejected

lilly
April 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
very green to efi live, but was trying to switch tunes and while communicating with the truck, the laptop would tell me bootloader rejected, try again in 15 seconds and try to turn off high speed. A little lost at this point, any help would be great. The truck is a six speed manual LLY with a clutch and exhaust. Any help would be great thanks in advanced. Dan

Nemo
April 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Did you have the radio fuse in? or was the door opened, anything that could cause anything elctrical to turn on/off?

-Nemo

lilly
April 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM
The fuse is in, and the only light that was on was the brake light on the dash.

Nemo
April 5th, 2009, 10:55 AM
When i load tunes I have to unplug my radio fuse, turn all lights off, my aftermarket amp unplugged, and somtimes I need to hook a battery charger up also.

-Nemo

lilly
April 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Just thought about it, when i turn the ignition off i pull the key out and that will mess with the lights because its a manual truck. I'll try to just turn it off and not pull the key out. Thanks Nemo!

lilly
April 5th, 2009, 10:57 AM
OK will try the fuse thing! Thanks again

Nemo
April 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Let us know what happens...

-Nemo

lilly
April 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Pulled the fuse, never took the key out just turned it off and everything worked great! Thanks again Nemo!

Nemo
April 9th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Good deal, enjoy. ;)

-Nemo

joecar
April 9th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Yes, the idea is to prevent other modules chattering on the serial bus during flashing.

GMPX
April 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
On a stock truck this should not be necessary, it's when aftermarket audio devices are added that connect to the data bus when things turn bad.
During development we tested reading / writing on a dead stock LLY without any fuses needing to be pulled.

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
April 10th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Oh, I see, the aftermarket radio is the offender.

BigChief
June 28th, 2009, 01:48 AM
my truck is all stock radio and no accessories on or plugged in and the first 10 times i tried to tune it was rejecting it due to the bootloader deal. I unplugged everything, shut the key off and gave it a few minutes, tried it again and it worked like a champ and has been working great ever since. Just a little fyi for those of you freaking out right now like i was reading thru all these threads.