PDA

View Full Version : Supported Vehicle list confusion

01Z
April 6th, 2009, 01:19 AM
When I view the supported vehicle page (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=82) I'm ashamed to say that I'm bewildered.

I would think my vehicle (2001 LS1 Camaro) would have a bullet (heavy dot) in the V1 and V2 column. However, it would seem that my pcm isn't supported but I know in fact that it is.

What am I doing wrong when interpreting the list?

I'm sorry for such an ignorant question.

joecar
April 6th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Hi 01Z,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

No, no worries, that table has a flurry of information...

The 2001 Camaro is one of the most supported most tuned vehicles... see attached image.

Cheers
Joe
:)

01Z
April 6th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Thanks joecar! Please believe me when i tell you that my image does not show those bullets next to my car. Let me see if I can put a thumbnail image in my post to prove it. Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to respond! Now I will buy with confidence. :)

Garry
April 6th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Looks like your browser is not loading any images ... guess someone could put the "alt" content into the bullet image to put something like an "X" or "O" on the table in case the image can't be loaded ...

joecar
April 6th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Oh...

If you're using Firefox, go Edit->Preferences->Content and enable Load Images Automatically.

If you're using IE, do a similar thing.

01Z
April 7th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I'm using IE 6.0.2900 with sp3. The bullets appear for cars lower down in the list. I did notice that joecar's image shows icons at the top and mine does not. I assumed we are actually looking at different pages but perhaps not. At any rate, I will look into this further. Thanks for the replies.

joecar
April 7th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Yes, I grabed that image by going to the link you posted.

I don't know where in IE, but there would be a setting to allow/disallow loading images that you have to change.

01Z
April 7th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Okay, thanks joecar for confirming by letting me know we literally went to the same page. I've gone into my browser options but haven't been able to fix the problem yet. I think Garry has good advice for the webmaster using the ALT tag.

I'm up to speed with the commercial license. I just bought it because you confirmed my last question. :)

GMPX
April 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM
We'll see what can be done, we do test the web page in IE, Firefox and Chrome, so we have assumed everything was fine.

Cheers,
Ross

swingtan
April 7th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Don't forget Opera........