PDA

View Full Version : SD on a black box OS?

Supercharged111
April 6th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I'm just curious about running SD on my stock black box PCM. I know to AutoVE I'll write to my backup VE table, but that table has a bit less resolution than the main table. Due to linear interpolation, is this a big deal? Most of the VE tables I've seen have been pretty smooth looking.

GAMEOVER
April 6th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I did it on my 98' S-10....I used the Back-up Ve table while in CLSD mode....later switched to OLSD(easier & faster to tune) w/WBO2
In order for your truck to be in OL during the AutoVE process you have to unplug your O2 sensor's...
If you run it OLSD you'll really love your truck after you tune it...:)

Supercharged111
April 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM
What happened to the mileage running in OL with no control over OL fueling?

GAMEOVER
April 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Mileage actually improved...I always had control in OLSD***No need for the MAF or O2 sensor's...:)****
That's what the AutoVE process is for....Your running strictly off of the Back-up VE(after you tune it of course)
Have you ever attempted the AutoVe process?

Supercharged111
April 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Not until my laptop comes back from getting fixed. 3 months old and the HD died. How did you have control in OL when there are no open loop fueling tables in the black box OS? Or did you cheat and tweak VE to match your needs?

GAMEOVER
April 6th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Well tweak yes...:D Unless you switch to a LSx-411 pcm there is no other way to control OL fueling because the lack of OL tables in the Black Box OS...but after doing the AutoVE about 10 times to get it right...and then tweaking my PE tables. Everything was right were I wanted it! Command AFR was almost dead on with Measured AFR(LC-1 WBO2)

I don't think AutoVe was ever intended for the Black Box Os but I made it work with lots of Help from this forum though...:)

Supercharged111
April 6th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Can I find all your posts in this Vortec forum?

GAMEOVER
April 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Yes, I think so....

Supercharged111
April 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9208&highlight=olsd

I know I've read this before, but after becoming more familiar with the program and reading the AutoVE tutorial everything made sense this time around. How did you tune high load/high RPM cells with PE? Did you set it to stoich like the tutorial says (makes NO sense to me)? Or did you leave it at, say, 12.5:1 and then view the map with a PE mode filter?

GAMEOVER
April 12th, 2009, 01:57 AM
For the AutoVe, i set it to (Stoich) per tutorial.......After bumping up the Back-UP VE table 15% though.

Supercharged111
April 12th, 2009, 03:50 AM
But then when you apply the BEN and run again it should be stoich in that area, right?