PDA

View Full Version : V2 licensing question

Spindoctor
April 10th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Howdie all!

What I have here today is a 2002 Lingenfelter 725hp 427 twinturbo.
The tune is not a Lingenfelter and it is a little rich (10.5) with inconsistant boost control (7psi through 3500 then climbing to 11-12 at 5500).
Now, I have been tuning with the V2 for a couple of years. But, I could not answere the customers question on how the licensing worked.
If I sell him a license through my V2 is it transferable to other V2 tuners or should he buy a V1 for himself. If he buys the V1 does my 7.5 still work the same (I have never tuned with the V1)?

Go ahead and feel free to add any comments on boost tuning this engine.
For example- the lower boost through 3500 may be for torque/traction control
purposes or clutch/trans protection and not sloppy set-up.

Blacky
April 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Licenses are tied to individual cables. So if you put the license on your V2 then only your V2 is licensed to flash the PCM. If your customer buys a V1 and you use the V1 to flash the PCM then the license will be on the customer's V1 and the customer can use the license for other reflashing requirements on that PCM in future.

Reflashing a controller using V1 or V2 is an identical process.

I'll leave the tuning questions to others who know about tuning, as my signature says, "I'm just a programmer".

Regards
Paul

joecar
April 10th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Tim,

So basically, your customer buys themselves a V1, and you then use your customer's V1 to tune their car.

(unless of course you have the workshop license covering their car).

Spindoctor
April 10th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks all!:master:

I thought that would be the case.
Its always a good thing to sound like you know what you are talking about
when a new customer hands you the keys to their $90k joy toy.

O.K.- its beerthirty :beer: on a friday go home and enjoy the week-end.

ScarabEpic22
April 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Have fun with that one Tim, Im blasting around in my TBSS this weekend in Seattle. This summer Ill have to head across the bridge and see your shop!

Spindoctor
April 10th, 2009, 12:23 PM
:welcome:Look forward to seeing you.