PDA

View Full Version : serial lc1 calibration? Please Help

EVI
April 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I recently upgraded to a serial cable from my lc1 to my v2. I finally figured out how to get it to read but it seems it is reading way too lean. If I do auto ve, the numbers say I need to add like 32% more fuel. When I do the ls1 camaro that I am working on runs way too fat. When I get it to run decent the afr is like 19:1. Do I need to calibrate my lc1? What do I need to do to get the afr to read more accurately?

mr.prick
April 11th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Recalibrate it for free air and check the fuel setting.
Make sure it is set for gasoline not set to custom.

EVI
April 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Ok, I'll try that tommorrow
Thanks
I'll let you know later. If it works.

EVI
April 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM
It's the default settings that came with the lc1. I've never changed them or even looked at them because it don't have a serial port on my computer. It has always worked with the analog set up. Would something be different now? I am still going to do a hearter cal and a free air cal. I may have accidentally screwed that up when I was trying to get things right with the serial cable set up.

mr.prick
April 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I' had mine jump to custom for no reason,
You can use a serial to USB converter to connect to your laptop.
I use this
http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC232A/

EVI
April 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Ok I will double check it. My friend has a converter I can borrow.
Thanks again

EVI
April 11th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I borrowed my friend's converter tonight. You were right, for some reason the cal on my lc1 changed to some custom setting. I switched it back to 14.7 afr and everything seems to be back working like it's supposed to.

I just started using the forum for answers because I couldn't get help anywhere else. You guys are great! Thanks for replying and all the help.

mr.prick
April 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
:thumb_yello:
The LC- is notorious for switching settings.
FWIW
I have not had this happen since I upgraded my alternator.
It might be caused by inconsistent or spiking/dropping voltage.

EVI
April 12th, 2009, 02:26 AM
The car I was working on had the battery cable loose and the starter would intermittently not engage. That would definetly cause voltage spikes.