PDA

View Full Version : what to use for power source??

rpmauto
April 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
hello all, I just got my V2 a couple days ago and my laptop today. I am excited to start a new area of learning on cars. Cant wait to tie into my truck for some more mpg, and my trans am and see if i can figure out what is wrong with that tune. Makes good power, but has low 1/4 mile trap speed. I guess at this point i dont even know how to get the tune out and save it to look at it, but my question now is, what do you recommend for powering up the laptop in the car, datalogging and such. When i am in my shop i can just use a extension cord. I just got this laptop, so i dont know how long the batt will last, and i dont want to find out in the middle of a flash or something like that. I tried searching, but all i found is that a power inverter is bad, but nobody said what to use instead. Thank you for any input.

Garry
April 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM
There are 12V->220 power converters (in and for Europe, obviously) that work fine for low-load power requirements ... I reckon there should be similar ones in the US ... In Germany they run only something like 30-40$ ... probably not the most efficient way to supply power to the Notebook, but would do for short term power usage ...