PDA

View Full Version : What to change with FLT Level 4 Trans

samh_08
April 12th, 2009, 04:33 AM
I've been trying to find a difinitive answer on what is to be done with the tune if you have a built trans. Most say to leave the trans pressures stock, but there is not a clear answer about what to do with shift times (adaptive shifting) and other trans cals.

Just to clearify, the trans is a FLT level 4 4L60E with a Yank 3600 stall.

Let me know, Thanks :cheers:

samh_08
April 20th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Anybody?

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
From what Ive heard you should return the pressures to stock but are okay to run 0 Torque Management (IMO thats why you bought a built trans right? to hold more power!). As for shift times, I know some manufactures say leave them stock and others say 0 them out. Not sure what other parameters you have, depends on your PCM and car. I might give FLT a call and ask them.

joecar
April 20th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Vince at FLT will be able to answer your question.

joecar
April 21st, 2009, 09:20 AM
Sam,

This is what Vince @ FLT says:

The shift pressure tables should be set at the factory settings.
The shift time tables to either .1 or .2.
Torque management can be zero'd out but some guys leave a bit in there to be safe.
We do recommend that the tests for P0751 and P0757 are removed.

samh_08
April 21st, 2009, 09:47 AM
You're a machine Joecar! ;)

Thats more of an answer than I got from them. Jessie from wait4me told me to disable adaptive shift in this situation though so I dont know what the discrepancy is..?

Any idea on why we should remove P0751 and P0757?

joecar
April 21st, 2009, 12:00 PM
lol... engineers and machines get along very well with each other... :D

My understanding is: setting shift times to .1s or .2s allows the PCM to control the shift duration (.2s is quite snappy, .1s is very snappy) and to use actual shift time feedback to control the next "same condition" equivalent shift (i.e. learning is active); otherwise, setting shift times to zero allows the PCM to simply command the shift solenoids in an untimed manner which means the shift duration will be purely a function of hydraulic/mechanical response time (very very snappy).

If you have a high stall TC then the PCM may set those DTC's... if it does, then disable them.