PDA

View Full Version : Very unusual RTACS issue

hquick
April 12th, 2009, 09:54 AM
OK...this threw me...until I realized what was happening.
Yesterday I drove home from work RTACS'ing the mainVE table.
Pulled up in my driveway, stopped the datalog and saved it under a new name.
I had both tune and log windows opened side by side on the laptop which was on the passenger seat.
Whilst I was sitting there with the Burb still idling I was dragging the cursor across the log I had just saved when I noticed the VE table was 'updating'.
I hadn't shut off RTACS (hadn't clicked on the red arrow).
I had the following filters in place:
Exclude data below 1% TPS
Exclude data where TPS varies more than 2% per 100ms
Exclude data where ECT is less than 68oC
So...at idle...not moving..should be ZERO updating.
What was happening was when the cursor dragged across areas of the log which were within the 'OK to update' areas of the log....the VE started updating. :shock:

mr.prick
April 12th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I exclude RPM below 400 in case I forget to stop logging before I turn off the car.

hquick
April 12th, 2009, 12:10 PM
The thing is...I had stopped logging and had saved the file. I just happened to have RTACS still running and as I scrolled through the log I had just saved...RTACS updated the mainVE as I dragged the scroll bar across.
In effect...I could open any tune, start RTACS, open ANY log and drag the scroll bar acroiss and as any of the area's fell within the update perameters I had set....it would alter the MaijnVE table...or any other I had selected.
I could update a year old tune with a 3year old log via RTACS without the car even running.

mr.prick
April 12th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Odd,
I have only been able to use RTACS with flashscan recording.