PDA

View Full Version : help with seting up the v2

hot-dog
April 15th, 2009, 02:56 AM
alright my buddy got the v2 upgrade so we can tune the newer stuff and i have tried a few times to install the 8.1 software but i guess im not good enough with computers to figure it out on my own, i read the sticky about installing it but it wasn't much help. basically this thing is actually less useful to me then the v1 at this point because i cant even bbl with it! i want to make it capable of all it is advertised to do, im guessing the 8.1 software is what is needed? so someone please walk me through it step by step, i have already downloaded the 8.1 on my computer and have the efilive explorer thing but i don't know what to do with it.

also, can i still use the 7.5 program for tuning and logging or am i going to have to transfer all my stuff over to the new program?

joecar
April 15th, 2009, 04:14 AM
V7.5 is still used for loging/flashing.

V8 is used to configure V2 for BBL.

Read thru the document in post #9 fo this thread: showthread.php?t=9375 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9375)

(http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10304) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10304)

hot-dog
April 15th, 2009, 06:24 AM
that document is filled with so much stuff that doesnt make sense to me or just dosnt work i dont even know where to begin. i have already tried to make sense of it a few times before and it just gets very frustrating.

joecar
April 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Did you install V7.5 and update it to the latest (build 83)...?
Did you install V8 and update it to the latest (build 44)...?

V8 installs EFILive Explorer (EE)...

Connect V2 to your PC, then open EE and goto the Firmware tab and tell me the versions that it shows for bootblock and firmware...

hot-dog
April 15th, 2009, 01:00 PM
the first step says uninstal v7.5, i guess this is a typo? i already have 7.5 and i think its the latest build? how do i update the build on v8?

bootblock version - 2.06.02

firmware version - 2.06.06

joecar
April 15th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Ok, then see attached.

joecar
April 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
To update V7.5 do this:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check For New Update and follow the prompts, wait for it to finish updating;
then start the scantool (ST) or tunetool (TT), do Help->About, it should say Build 83.

To update V8 do this:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->Check For New Update and follow the prompts, wait for it to finish updating;
then start EFILive Explorer (EE), goto the Firmware tab, click About, it should say Build 44.

hot-dog
April 15th, 2009, 01:50 PM
i got up to the using bblogging section fo the document, it says to press ctrl backspace and nothing happens... do i need to do this part anyways?

joecar
April 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Did ctrl-backspace get you into thr options menu...?

If it didn't, then go in there manually... so you can select which file system (external SD card or internal flash).

Do you have an SD card...?

hot-dog
April 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
i have an sd card but i just skipped that step because i dont mind just reading it from the v2s hard drive like i do with the v1 box...

when i go to update v7.5 it says the drive or network connection that the link is referenced to is unavailable or something like that... is it necessary to update v7.5? it works for v8 and says sorry no update available, so this this means i have all the current updates right?

thanks allot for the help so far. sorry for being a pain in the ass and not reading better but this stuff confuses me and im not feeling too sharp today.

hot-dog
April 24th, 2009, 03:30 AM
ok, i select lb7 auto for the pid list, and when i go to display or log data it tells me pid baro is not valid iand i need to remove it... how do i remove it. is there any way to edit the pid list or do you have to use the preset ones. also how long untill the full version of v8 is released?

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Goto C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config and open Options.txt with Notepad...

Find the LB7 pid list (it will be PSL_15 or PSL_16) and delete that pid, save the file, exit Notepad;

Connect V2 to your PC, start EFILive Explorer (EE), goto the Config Files tab, drag the file Options.txt from the upper pane to the lower pane, wait for it to finish, close EE.

Remove power from V2, now you're ready to go.

hot-dog
April 24th, 2009, 05:25 AM
cool. thanks for the help, fast response too.

hot-dog
April 24th, 2009, 06:20 AM
okay it works but now i cant figure out how to get it to display imperial values, i tried switching around the to and froms part of the options document but it didn't do anything.

joecar
April 24th, 2009, 08:26 AM
On V2, press ENTER to change between Metric and Imperial while logging.

hot-dog
April 25th, 2009, 01:19 AM
huh, that simple. i was screwing with the options document and everything else and all i had to do was hit enter lol.

joecar
April 25th, 2009, 05:32 AM
That works only if you have defined the alternate (Imperial) units for a pid near the bottom of Options.txt (in the section called *PCU).

hot-dog
April 26th, 2009, 01:59 AM
yea, i got that working. also i set some alarms and they don't work, heres how i typed it in, for exapmle rpm

PCM, RPM 0:4500:10:1:0

am i missing something?

joecar
April 26th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Try 0:4500:18:1:0

Did you place a comma before the alarm specification, e.g.

PCM, RPM, 0:4500:18:1:0
Did you use spaces only and not tabs (I don't know if tabs work or not, I haven't tried).