PDA

View Full Version : ECM to ABS speed signal

THEFERMANATOR
April 15th, 2009, 04:29 AM
I asked this on another forum, and it was suggested that I ask it here.

Here's my first and second post from the other thread on another site.

I'm still working out details of my swap, and I have another question on it. This one is in regards to how many pulses per mile does the ECM send to the ABS? From what I have found the speedometer and such get the 2,000 pulses per mile, but I haven't been able to find how many the ABS receives from it's ECM output. I'm hoping it is 128,000 like the older VSSB's output which would allow me to do away with my VSSB in my conversion and send it's signal directly from the ECM to my ABS.

It may be, I'm going off of what my ALLDATA Shows for the 01 DMAX. It shows pins 49 and 50 of the C2 red connector as both being VSS outputs. It shows the wire coming from 49(yellow with black tracer) as going to the EBCM only, and that 50(dark green with white tracer) goes to the junction block which feeds the cluster, BCM, and the other speed signals. Just trying to sort out if I can eliminate the VSSB from the equation as I don't know if connecting the VSSB and the ECM to the OSS would cause a conflict with the signal or not.

THEFERMANATOR
June 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
For reference it seems as though pin 49 does output 128,000 PPM that my 95 ABS module needs. I got it up to 60 earlier today on a quick test run and no ABS light and the ABS works fine.