PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me what's being limited here?

LBZoom
April 16th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hey guys,
Here's a log and copy of my tune file....the log reads my peak torque reference as 776 even though I'm commanding 812 in table B1115 "pedal position to desired torque, and as you can see the fuel delivery also isn't what it should be for 812 lb. ft. of torque reference. Can anyone figure out why I'm getting limited? I've tried and can't find it. Doesn't matter if I'm already rolling or at a dead stop.

The log is fairly lengthy, best to skip to the end and back up to around frame # 1500 which is right before I floor it.

DmaxHawk
April 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I'm not finding anything that would be limiting you...The closest thing I can think of would be your pressure maintain table {B1014}

Try maxing it out to 200, see if anything changes.

IdahoRob
April 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Known problem since the LBZ came out. You just have to change tuning so 775 is maxed out.

DmaxHawk
April 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Known problem since the LBZ came out. You just have to change tuning so 775 is maxed out.

Rob, what do you mean by this?

LBZoom
April 17th, 2009, 05:48 AM
So Table B1115 should just be set to a max of 775 instead of 812? I was kinda thinking that myself, but wasn't sure....also I tried maxing out the pressure maintain fuel limit like DmaxHawk said and it's definitely getting more fuel, although I haven't logged to see exactly what has increased. Maybe just fuel pressure and not commanded fuel....

JoshH
April 25th, 2009, 06:02 PM
No, just set your tq to fuel tables so you get max fuel at 775.

LBZoom
April 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah that's what I ended up doing, just copied and pasted the row for 812 to the 775 row, works like a charm

xmadmax
June 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
hmmm, thats interesting... i guess i never logged that, cause i never noticed that, and most of the other tunes i have seen have that table way higher than 775, i am talking like in the 1400s.

So does that mean that anything above 775 is just not being commanded? I wonder why they tune em up so high if it doesn't do anything, even my evo (which I do own) is commanding way above 775 on that table.

Very interesting, i'll guess i'll have to log that to check mine out too

LBZoom
June 24th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah, as far as a I know it won't actually command more than that because the other tables such as torque based fuel etc., don't have calibrations in place to achieve more than 812 (the fact that the ECM won't command 812 is a ECM glitch, but it should be able to) but anything above that there are no calibrations in place so this is where the tuning becomes more critical. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on this though because I'm not entirely sure as I've not logged anything above 812 to see if the truck creates appropriate pulse widths and fueling amounts etc.?