PDA

View Full Version : RoadRunner license??????

Rumble
April 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Trying to connect a new Road Runner with EFI Live on a 2002 Camaro. The drivers installed fine and we can connect to the RR, however I get an error after it connects that reads:
RR is not licensed for use with EFI Live
To enable the attached RR euipped PCM to operate with EFI Live, please enter your RR license details using the menu option Help/Register/EFI Live

Then when I go to Help/Register/EFI Live it loops me page to the EFI register page with no tab or area to place the RR info.
We are trying to fire this thing on an engine dyno tomorrow morning with SpearTech harness and innovate WBs.

Please help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScarabEpic22
April 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
So Im assuming you already have the proper RoadRunner license to use it with EFILive correct?

Open up the Tune Tool, go Help->Register EFILive and your FlashScan device serial number and registration information should be in License 1. Where it says RoadRunner License put in all the RoadRunner information in and press okay. It is right under where your FlashScan serial number goes. That should do it!

Rumble
April 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the reply, but the problem is there is no field for any input for the RR unlock code. Yes I have the 16 digit unlock code and the RR serial number that came with the RR

There is a field for the RR serial, but not for the RR unlock code.

ScarabEpic22
April 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM
So you do have the RR serial in the License window correct?

In the Tune Tool have you opened up the RoadRunner control panel? Im not sure if thats where it goes, I dont have a RR so all the fields are grayed out.

I think Moates has a software program that is used to upgrade the RR, does the unlock code go somewhere in there?

Rumble
April 16th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, the serial number space is there, and the RR window can be opend up and I can connect to the RR, but thats it. This is my first time using the RR, so i don't know what to expect.

ScarabEpic22
April 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hmm then Im out of ideas, are there any thread in this RR forum with more info?

mr.prick
April 16th, 2009, 04:44 PM
did you buy the rr and v1/v2 as a set?
if not you will need to give your flashcan license and rr serial# to Blacky
so they can be merged.

[License.1]
Serial=000000000000
RoadRunner= serial#
Type=Scanner
Issued=20000101
Key=????-????-????-???? < this is the license for both

post a screen shot of the error message.

limited cv8r
April 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM
If you open the tune tool, click on help, then Register Efilive..., you shold get the same as the attached image.

Flashscan serial - the serial number of your flashscan unit
RR Serial - your RR serial number
Type - Licence type you have purchased
Issue date - Date the licence was issued
Key - Should be the 16 letter unlock code.

All this info should have been supplied to you by moates or efilive.

hope this helps

Rumble
April 17th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Thxs for all the replys. I am turning this over to the Tuner and he is calling Motes. All the gear was purchased new and all is legit. Just some glitch that we can't get past. If you look at my past post history you will notice that this purchase was made about a year ago. We will start the engine with another pcm out of the same car, then when we get the RR up we will switch over.

mr.prick
April 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Thxs for all the replys. I am turning this over to the Tuner and he is calling Motes. All the gear was purchased new and all is legit. Just some glitch that we can't get past. If you look at my past post history you will notice that this purchase was made about a year ago. We will start the engine with another pcm out of the same car, then when we get the RR up we will switch over.

But was it purchased at the same time?
Read this thread licensing a used roadrunner (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6388)

Rumble
April 18th, 2009, 12:48 AM
YES,Thunder Racing and Geoff sold it to me. Thanks.

Rumble
April 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Mr Prick,
Thanks again, your last post was great, at least there is hope. I am real new to this so I hope it all works out. For now my tuner has set up the stock PCM to get the engine to fire and I can do stuff like set valve lash and make sure all the mechanical guages work. Moates site is COOL. I don't want to do full pulls until we get the RR on line. I will have to post some pics of the setup once we get everything right.

Rumble
April 27th, 2009, 04:25 PM
SUCCESS!
First I want to say that all of you guys were Right! It was my fault I gave the tuner the wrong Month for the date.When we did get it right, it all loaded right up. I was looking at the "number" for the month and saying the incorrect month. I am an official "KNUCKLEHEAD"! The engine is coming alone just fine, we are getting close to a good tune. Next we will get the RR on Line withh the engine.
Thanks again.

mr.prick
April 28th, 2009, 12:52 AM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/lame.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Rumble
April 28th, 2009, 02:01 AM
:doh2:Good Info. It takes more time for me to understand it than the RR to use it!

ScarabEpic22
April 28th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Hey man, I did that the first time as well. Couldnt figure out for the life of me why it wasnt registering my license data. I finally went back through and retyped everything and realized I put the wrong month in too.

Now get tuning! And Idaho Falls huh? Another NW guy on here, good!

Rumble
April 29th, 2009, 04:40 AM
We have had the engine running useing the stock pcm and roughed in a tune. Got it pretty happy on idle, 1200 rpm, remember it's a big cam. Wiped out the wide band sensor on the left side (way too rich) so we are running and referencing on only the right side now. I have orered 2 new wide bands from Moates. I replaced the wide band sensor on the left side with my spare but it is still giving me a (4) blinking code. I just downloaded and printed out the Inovate manual so it's back to the shop and try to figure out the blink code problem. But,,,,, we hooked up the RR and everything WAS working and then it lost the (usb port downloads?) and stopped running:shock: So we put the stock pcm back in and it ran and we continued to refine the tune some more and the engine is running fairley decent but we are not through with it yet, by far. The tuner gave me the RR, my computer, the EFIlive V2 flashScan, and said to try to figure it out. I think it's for my own good. So here I sit before I return to the shop:confused:. I am going to go through all the info tha was on Mr. Prick's last post.