PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator pedal problems

JoakimMD
April 16th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Hi,

I am a new to this so have patience. :angel_innocent:

We have a "stand alone" Duramax LBZ -06-07 that will be used for marine use and is at the moment hooked up to our dyno. The wiring harness is stripped down and there is just ignition, start, MAF and accelerator connectors. We are using a third party accelerator pedal and the voltage out from it is not the same as a stock one.

Where in the EFI software can we calibrate the accelerator signal? The engine starts but runs only in idle no matter what position of the pedal. We have checked both the signals by logging so the wiring for the pedal is OK.

Attatching pictures for min and max value of the pedal.

Thanks!

GMPX
April 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Is there any reason you aren't using the correct pedal?
You can change the min / max value of the expected pedal voltages. The parameters are in the Engine Diagnostics section.

I've seen on the gas motors so many troubles with people not using the correct pedal for a particular engine. Unless there is a specific reason you don't want to use the LBZ pedal I would be getting one of those instead.

Cheers,
Ross

JoakimMD
April 17th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your answer.

We are not using stock pedal because in the future we will not use a pedal att all. We will use a throttle stick (maybe wrong name) that you have in boats.

Ok, so you mean the min, max and learn values? If so, we have tested that but when we flash the ECU with the new values it will be corrupt or something. For example the OS is 0 (zero), we can´t se any DTC or anything.

I am from Sweden an here we have a , (comma) for decimal point and in the US and other places you have a . (dot). I thought it could be a national settings in the computer issue but I tried to change my swedish Windows XP to english US. No luck.

The only way to get the enginge running againg is to re-flash with stock tune.

Sorry but I am not at the enginge now (12 o´clock in the night in Sweden now) so I dont have the fault code from when the flash is corrupt.

Be right back after the weekend. Thanks again.

Regads, Joakim

killerbee
April 19th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I agree with Ross. This is just my speculative thought here. These pedals have redundant signals for good reason. Safety issue. I would just about have to believe that a failsafe code is built into the PCM that prevents operating with a mismatch or a dead signal. If you get what I am saying, idle could be the failsafe.

JoakimMD
April 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I get what you are saying. :) So there is a limit in this software or in the ECM to do this. Sounds like we must run with another system.

Anyway, this is the errors I get:

09:56:27.765: Request GM operating system...
09:56:27.796: GM operating system: 0 <- !!!

B2911 "Wrong Environment Identifier Received From Device 7" C ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

GMPX
April 19th, 2009, 11:53 PM
The ECM was designed around a GM pedal in a sense, however, I know there is a company in New Zealand using EFILive and they fit LBZ engines to boats. I have no idea on the throttle system they use, but they are using the factory ECM still.

JoakimMD
April 21st, 2009, 11:49 PM
I have solwed the problem by taking a potentiometer and adjusted the min and max values by adding resistors on + and - wires. So now we can throttle betwen 0 and 100 %. This setup will be acceptable during the testing phase.

To be able to adjust throttle values in the ECM would be MUCH better. All other tuning programs and after market ECUs that I have worked with can do this. Why not EFILive one can wonder!! :(

Now todays problem. I have one DTC that I can not get rid of, B2978. Door ajar something. I read another thread from sep 2008 on this forum about that but there was no solution.

Does this DTC make the engine to go into reduced power mode? Because a dyno sweep shows ~110 hp on a stock tune and ~220 hp with a 450 hp racing tune. How can I clear it?