PDA

View Full Version : Changing all vane tables equally...

LBZoom
April 17th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hey guys,
If I've been dialing in my turbo vanes, making adjustments to specific areas of the table, how can I apply the same percentage adjustments in the same areas on the high and low altitude tables without doing it cell by cell?:bad:

bballer182
April 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Do you even need the High and (do you mean Med) altitude. you live in Arkansas... thats low altitude isn't it?

LBZoom
April 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Whoops...yeah my truck operates on the low altitude table which means I've made some of my adjustments to the wrong table, have to fix that haha...that's what I get for staring at all the data and numbers till 2 in the morning!

Anyhow, the reason I want to apply equal changes to all the tables is so that should my truck ever enter a different elevation it will still perform consistent.

I assume that from the factory all the tables were intended to perform consistently in all elevations so that engine performance would not be hindered in one scenario vs. another...?

bballer182
April 18th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Well I'm not sure at what altitude the ecm starts using the MED maps but i have gone over Mt. Hood pass here a couple of times and the highest elevation is 4150ft and it still used the LOW timing, boost and vane maps...

what you could do is copy the STOCK MED and LOW tables to excel and and make another calculated table the shows the difference in percentage. then take that calculated tabled and apply it to the modified LOW table to come up with the new MED and HIGH tables. It will all be theoretical and may not be right but it should be close. the only thing that it would hinder is the quickness of the boost when stabbing it, if it is off.

LBZoom
April 18th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Yeah that's a good idea, I'll do that. I'll be moving to east Tennessee here soon but I don't suspect that the elevation is much different with the exception of the Smoky Mountains nearby. :cheers:

killerbee
April 19th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Well I'm not sure at what altitude the ecm starts using the MED maps but i have gone over Mt. Hood pass here a couple of times and the highest elevation is 4150ft and it still used the LOW timing, boost and vane maps...

what you could do is copy the STOCK MED and LOW tables to excel and and make another calculated table the shows the difference in percentage. then take that calculated tabled and apply it to the modified LOW table to come up with the new MED and HIGH tables. It will all be theoretical and may not be right but it should be close. the only thing that it would hinder is the quickness of the boost when stabbing it, if it is off.

do you have an ideology for this? Do you advance or retard for higher altitude, etc?

bballer182
April 19th, 2009, 03:00 AM
do you have an ideology for this? Do you advance or retard for higher altitude, etc?

Well the vanes will obviously be more closed in the MED to HIGH situations. if that's what you were talking about. Timing? no idea...

GMPX
April 19th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Well I'm not sure at what altitude the ecm starts using the MED maps but i have gone over Mt. Hood pass here a couple of times and the highest elevation is 4150ft and it still used the LOW timing, boost and vane maps...Look at table B0202, it shows the 'blend' of the altitude levels that will be applied.

bballer182
April 19th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Look at table B0202, it shows the 'blend' of the altitude levels that will be applied.

Yeah i had talked about that in another thread but i was referring to altitude feet.