PDA

View Full Version : turbo brake switch??????

justin123
April 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
i know how to make the smoke switch and wire it into the maf sensor and i know how to make a smoke tune and turbo brake tune but is there a way to wire in a momentary switch to close the vanes all the way giving it no throttle of course ... want to use it for turbo brake. i know a switch and resistor can fool the maf so can the same be done for turbo brake. i guess telling the maf its getting a lot of air opens vanes so would telling it that it has none close them????? any help sure appreciated.

bballer182
April 18th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Brayden from Fleece Performance has made a product of which you speak. it's not as easy as flipping a switch you have to and something to command the vanes and another thing to fool the ecm and of course a boost fooler too.

bballer182
April 18th, 2009, 06:10 AM
i know how to make the smoke switch and wire it into the maf sensor and i know how to make a smoke tune and turbo brake tune but is there a way to wire in a momentary switch to close the vanes all the way giving it no throttle of course ... want to use it for turbo brake. i know a switch and resistor can fool the maf so can the same be done for turbo brake. i guess telling the maf its getting a lot of air opens vanes so would telling it that it has none close them????? any help sure appreciated.

The vanes are referenced to the requested boost tables not to the MAF. and then if the desired vane position does not produce what the desired boost that the tables are requesting then it adjust the vanes to do so.

justin123
April 18th, 2009, 08:41 AM
thanks for the info the fleece part is almost a 1000 dollars and i dont really need the boost controller cuz i have one. you think maybe theres a way i could build a circut board or something to make my own or is that just asking wayyy to much for a do it yourselfer??? thanks

bballer182
April 19th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Well i suppose you could develop something like that but i have no idea where to start. Probably have to that some kind of logging device to log voltages between the ecm and the turbo

TIM Z
April 20th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Go to the duramaxdiesel forum and look up othrlgrl. ( Dustin)

He made me a sweet turbo brake Tow tune that when in tow haul mode, you let off the pedal and you get the turbo brake feature, but as soon as pedal is touched it stops .

I towed with this feature and love it! Plus the sound is amazing.

Jasondt2001
May 12th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Shut up Tim! I've been trying to figure out how in the heck to do it!!! LOL

Glad you like it man, I drove a dodge w/ the jake brake and now i'm very jealous!

TIM Z
May 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM

Glad you like it man, I drove a dodge w/ the jake brake and now i'm very jealous!

Oh come on Jason, you can do it! Its awesome, I almost like it better than the race tune! ALMOST!!!

bballer182
May 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM

You mean turbo brake. not Jake Brake.

Jacobs does not make an E-Brake for the 5.9 or the 6.7....

Yes i know the 6.7 has a turbo brake. basically the same exact thing we have. only a different turbo brand

Jasondt2001
May 13th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Oh heck, I thought on the 6.7 they had the actual jacob's brake... That's what it said on the door!! ;)

I just got mine figured out!

It does NOT like the vanes to be put at 100% - It'll take 99.5% fine with no buzz though!

TIM Z
May 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Oh heck, I thought on the 6.7 they had the actual jacob's brake... That's what it said on the door!! ;)

I just got mine figured out!

It does NOT like the vanes to be put at 100% - It'll take 99.5% fine with no buzz though!

Cool Jason , you'll love it. I just towed a truck today and as much as i look foward to climbing hills, i look foward to going down them too. Hardly need to touch the brakes.

i really like EFI live:grin:

Jasondt2001
May 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I can't WAIT! I know it helps in traffic w/ the tow haul on ALOT.