PDA

View Full Version : Flash Scan V2 problems

loafycleetus
April 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I was looking at some files on my V2 with the explorer and looked at the firmware tab....then I did something (I have no idea) and now I have the two amber lights flashing like it is in dead poll mode. I have attempted to reflash but I get error $0091....The boot block version is 2.06.02. it says that I need to program the firmware. I attempt to program and I get the error message as above or the lights stop blinking and it hangs. Please help!

joecar
April 19th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Remove power from V2 (remove USB cable) and reapply power...

If the amber leds are flashing start EFILive Explorer (EE) and goto Firmware tab and read the bootblock/firmware versions...

Were you already at bootblock 2.06.02 and firmware 2.06.06...?

Post a screenshot.

Try to program in 2.06.06 (uncheck Bootblock) again.

What build version is your V8 (in Firmware tab click About)...?
What build version is your V7.5...?

joecar
April 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Did you by any chance update the bootblock to 2.06.02 while it was back-revved to 2.04.72 or something older than 2.06.xx...?

Had you ever gone thru the procedure to update your V2 from the old bootblock to the new bootblock (transferring your PCM/ECM licenses)...(see attached)...?

loafycleetus
April 19th, 2009, 02:12 PM
yes! thank you for the reality check. i was not thinking very clearly when my screen went blank all of a sudden. i checked for updates and 2.06.06 was then available in the firmware tab. firmware 2.06.04 would freeze the lights and hang the update software. thanks, all is well now and i was able to flash the new "revised" tune today....this stuff is cool as heck.

joecar
April 20th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Cool...:cheers: